Philips LED Solar Bollard Light
Easy to Install Outdoor Solar Garden Light
You can install the Philips Solar Bollard Light in seconds - no cabling or electrician required. The bollard light is powered by an integrated solar panel and lithium battery. It features:
- Up to 6 hours runtime after a sunny day (or 2-4 hours when cloudy)
- Switches on automatically at sunset, or via manual on/off switch.
- Pleasant warm white (2700K) colour temperature.
A Better Solar Powered Path Light
Solar path lights have been around for a long time. But most manufacturers are not doing a great job. If the solar panel is too small, the light too dim, or the battery undersized, the end result is a waste of time and resources.
Unfortunately, the market is flooded with cheap and poorly built solar garden lights. They're usually made entirely from plastic and tend to fail in a short space of time.
This Philips myGarden solar bollard light is quite different. For starters, it looks great and comes with a two-year warranty. Here are some other ways it differs from other solar garden lights:
- Powder-coated aluminium lamp post for a high-quality finish.
- The solar panel sits on top of the bollard at 60cm off the ground. Unlike most low-to-the-ground solar path lights, it has a much better chance of catching the sunlight.
- Bright warm white LED light with a wide beam angle for a well-lit and inviting effect. This is unlike most other solar path lights which tend to be very stark.
- The solar pedestal light comes with two mounting options. You can either use the included stake (for on the lawn or in a garden bed) or mount the base directly onto a hard surface.
Philips Solar LED Bollard Light - Ideal Path & Garden Lighting
Convert Your Driveway Lights & More to Solar
The Philips solar bollard light has a wide range of potential applications. They are used as:
- Exterior pathway and walkway lighting.
- Solar driveway lighting.
- Landscaping, patio, or garden solar lights.
- Outdoor entrance lighting.
- Lighting for strata outdoor common areas (apartment buildings or unit complexes).
It's worth noting that we wouldn't recommend this solar bollard light in all situations. For example, if you have a critical lighting need for all-night safety or security, this solar bollard light probably won't cut it. For these applications, we'd recommend you also check our range of mains powered motion sensor lights. See also our tips for preserving battery life in the FAQ section below.
Specifications - Philips LED Solar Bollard Light
Light Output (max)
|Power Consumption||1 Watt (equivalent to an 11W traditional light bulb)|
|Lamp Lifetime||15,000 hour rating.|
|Colour Temperature||Warm White 2700K|
|Light Control||On/off switch at the back of the unit.|
|Lighting Modes||Manual on/off or automatic on at night.|
|Rechargeable Lithium Ion (NCM), 18650 format.|
|Battery Specs||3.6V, 2.2Ah, 7.92Wh|
|Light Duration||6 hours maximum. 2-4 hours runtime on cloudy days.|
|Dimensions||60cm high x 16cm wide x 16cm deep (stake is an extra 25cm in-ground)|
|Material||Aluminium bollard, silicon solar cell, polycarbonate diffuser.|
|Installation||Self Installation. Stake into the soil or use bolt holes to fix with your own hardware. No electrician required.|
|Product Identifiers||Philips myGarden Pedestal Dusk Antracite Grey; 915004347501; 8718291489399; 17809/93/16.|
|Further Documentation||Spec Sheet (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the solar bollard light installed?
The light comes with a stake for easy installation in grass or soil. Mount the stake to the bottom of the light's post with the included screws, then push it into the ground. The light can also be bolted to timber decking, paving, or a concrete driveway via the mounting holes at the base. The product comes with printed instructions.
Does the solar light need to be installed in full sunlight?
For best performance, we recommend installing the solar bollard light where it will capture at least an hour or two of direct sunlight each day.
How can I preserve the solar bollard's battery life?
Left to operate as usual the solar light will come on at sundown and run for a few hours. If the light is easily accessible, you can also use the manual on/off switch to activate it (or turn it off). Doing this can preserve the battery life and/or extend the hours of operation into the night when needed. The battery will still charge per usual even if the light is in the 'off' position.
Can I change the battery?
Yes - the solar bollard has a user-replaceable battery accessible via the base of the unit. A replacement part is available from Philips. We'll stock this in the future if available and required by our customers. Note: this should not be required for a few years.