Philips SmartBright LED Flood Light
The Philips SmartBright LED Floodlight is a high quality, waterproof IP65 rated flood light. It has the following benefits over conventional floodlights:
- Massive 90% energy saving compared to halogen floodlights.
- Available as a 30W, 50W, 70W, 100W or 200W flood light.
- Durable and effective heat dissipation design for long 30,000 hour lifetime.
- Ideal for car parks, gardens, building and shop signage, security lighting, facade lighting, and more.
Need a Sensor? See our complete range of LED Flood Lights.
Philips LED Flood Light Selection Guide
The exact wattage you require will depend on many factors, such as whether your existing floodlight is metal halide (MH), mercury vapour (MV), or halogen.
You can use the following as a rough guide when replacing existing floodlights:
- Replace 100-250W with 30W Philips LED floodlight.
- Replace 250-500W with 50W Philips LED floodlight.
- Replace 500-750W with 70W Philips LED floodlight.
- Replace 750W-1,000W with 100W Philips LED flood.
- Replace 1,000W-2,000W with 200W Philips LED flood.
The images above give you some idea of the LED floodlight's intensity.
High-Quality LED Floodlight
- 4KV Surge Protection - it will not fuse during voltage spikes.
- RoHS compliant - environmentally-friendly, no hazardous substances used.
- IK07 classification - high protection against external mechanical impact.
- IP65 certified - high protection against water jets and rain.
- Overheating protection - advanced heat dissipation for protection against high ambient temperature.
- Maintenance-free - long lifespan eliminates the need to replace flood light bulbs.
- Safe & Robust - toughened and shatter-proof lens for enhanced safety. Powder coated die-cast aluminium housing for excellent corrosion-resistance.
500W Halogen Flood vs. 50W Philips LED Flood
The table below outlines the benefits of switching to the Philips SmartBright LED Floodlights over conventional products.
|Leak-prone design - Clips may have ageing and cracks that cause water leakage.||Integrated design - means the case never needs to be opened.|
|Short lifetime - Replace halogen bulb every 2,000 hours.||Long lifetime - no bulb replacements plus 70% light output maintenance to 30,000 hours.|
|Bulky - at least 100mm thick.||Slimline - main body is 40mm thick.|
|Low efficiency - around 9 lumens/watt (4,500lm).||High efficiency - around 85 lumens/watt (4,300lm).|
|Less robust - IP54 and no IK rating.||More robust - IP65 (waterproof) and IK07 (mechanical shock) ratings.|
Specifications - Philips LED Flood Light 30W, 50W, 70W, 100W & 200W
|Power Consumption||30W, 50W, 70W, 100W or 200W|
|Voltage||220-240 V AC|
|Colour Temperature||4000K Neutral White|
|Beam Angle||30˚ Vertical / 80˚ Horizontal|
|Light Output||2,600lm (30W), 4,300lm (50W), 6,650lm (70W), 9,500lm (100W), 19,000lm (200W)
|Dimensions||30W = 195mm x 143mm x 34mm
50W = 270mm x 202mm x 43mm
70W = 300mm x 190mm x 40mm
100W = 356mm x 190mm x 53mm
200W = 390mm x 290mm x 65mm
|Ratings||IP65 Waterproof & IK07 Impact Resistant|
|Weight||0.6kg (30W), 1.2kg (50W), 2.4kg (70W), 3.0kg (100W), 5.8kg (200W)
|Material||Pressure die-cast aluminium housing and steel bracket. Both are powder coated grey.|
|Installation||Installation should be completed by an electrician. Comes pre-wired with 600mm 3-core lead. Plugging into a power point? See 3 pin plug.|
|Mounting Angles||30W & 50W = 0-180° range
70W, 100W & 200W = 0-360° range
Mounting graphic: here
|Product Identifiers||BVP171 BVP172 BVP173 BVP174 BVP176 LED26/43/60/95/190 NW 30W 50W 70W 100W 200W WB GREY SAA KC (Product Description); 911401672404, 911401674604, 911401689304, 911401691204, 911401629504 (Part Number).|
|Further Documentation||Data Sheet for 30W, 50W, 70W, 100W & 200W (PDF), Mounting Instructions (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the Philips floodlight with a motion sensor?
Yes - you can ask your electrician to wire in a motion sensor for use with this floodlight. We recommend a '3-wire' motion sensor like this (also available in black). Reason being - the floodlight may light up very dimly when 'off' due the leakage current from a '2 wire' sensor.
Is this flood light available in any other colour temperature or wattage options?
No - we stock all available variations of this Philips LED floodlight. For several other options, see our complete range of LED flood lights & streetlights.
What were the previous model numbers?
We stock the very latest LED floodlight range from Philips Australia. See the above specifications table for current part numbers. The previous part numbers are included below for reference. If you are trying to match an older version to the latest stock - just choose the same wattage.
BVP161 LED26/NW 30W, BVP161 LED43/NW 50W, BVP161 LED60/NW 70W, BVP161 LED90/NW 100W (Product ID); 911401806698, 911401806798, 911401809898, 911401823498 (Philips Product Codes)