A Better Way to Cook
The Billyboil is an innovative cooking appliance like no other. It cooks delicious meals similar to a slow cooker with the added convenience of 'one pot' cooking. It saves time by keeping your food piping hot for up to 12 hours. And it doesn't even have a power cord.
Here's why you'll love the Billyboil:
- Save Time. You can leave it unattended - no boiling-over possible.
- Save Energy. It uses no energy after the initial heat-up phase.
- Cook Delicious Meals. The Billyboil cooks veggies, curries, stews, rice, or just about anything.
- Use With Existing Stove. It works on any stovetop: gas, electric, induction or even a camp stove.
Which Size Billyboil Is Best?
There are two sizes of Billyboil to choose from:
3L = internal capacity of about 3 litres. It suits cooking for small groups of up to three people. You can also use it to cook side dishes like rice, potatoes, or pasta for a larger group.
4.5L = internal capacity of about 4.5 litres. It suits cooking for four or more people. You can also use it to cook in larger batches to make some extra meals for later.
True Billyboil fans often find they can benefit from one of each size! For example, you can use the 3L size for sides (like rice or veggies) and the larger 4.5L size for the main meal (stew, curry, soup, etc).
"I bought the 3 litre size for caravanning, however have used it at home for numerous soups and dinners already. It’s amazing and so easy to use. Will probably buy the larger size in due course." - Suellen (Victoria).
The small one, the big one, or both?
How to Use a Billyboil
The Billyboil has two main parts:
- A stainless steel inner pot for use on your existing stove, and
- A vacuum-insulated outer pot with a carry handle.
Here's how easy it is to use:
- In the inner pot, begin to cook as you would normally, on your existing stovetop.
- Bring the ingredients to the boil, and continue to boil for a few minutes.
- Remove the inner pot from the stove and place it into the outer pot.
- Cover and close the lid. Your food will continue to cook, using retained heat, for up to 12 hours.
Cook for free using retained heat with the Billyboil.
Billyboil Cooking Tips & Recipes
You can adapt almost any recipe for use with the Billyboil. Recipes designed for slow cookers or extended cooking on the stove are often ideal, as is anything with an 'absorption' method such as rice or risotto.
Just remember these three crucial factors when cooking with your Billyboil:
- Ensure all ingredients are covered with sauce or water during the initial heat-up. This allows for effective heat transfer between all ingredients.
- Heat all food thoroughly before placing it in the outer pot.
- Leave food inside the outer pot for about 50% longer than a conventional recipe’s cooking time.
If you're interested in adapting your existing recipes check out our guide:
Stews like this mushroom 'beef bourguignon' are perfect for the Billyboil.
The latest Billyboil has several features that set it apart from other options on the market.
Vacuum Insulation - The Billyboil is vacuum insulated - including the lid. This means it retains heat for 50% longer than other thermal cookers. More specifically, it will keep your food cooking at above 60˚C for up to 12 hours (vs. around 8 hours with a regular thermal cooker). Conversely, it will keep frozen items below 0˚C for at least 24 hours.
Handy Storage - The lid of the inner pot clips into the outer pot (as pictured below right). This keeps the lid out of the way while serving or when checking on your food.
Lockable Lid - The outer pot’s lid can be locked into position to reduce the chance of spillages. The handle must be in the 'open' position (with the handle at the back) to open the lid.
Detachable Lid - The outer pot’s lid can also be detached by firmly lifting the hinge 'up' and 'across' (as pictured below left). This is handy for a variety of reasons, including:
- serving hot food directly from the insulated pot at the table,
- using the inner pot as an insulated 'ice bucket' to keep drinks cold,
- thorough cleaning of the outer pot.
Some of Billyboil's unique features.
Become a Billyboil Stockist
More and more people are looking for ways to reduce their energy usage (and save time) when cooking at home. Now is the perfect time to bring the benefits of the Billyboil to the everyday consumer.
Thermal cookers are already a popular product in the caravan and camping market, and the Billyboil provides the best value for money within this category.
The Billyboil is also ideal for any forward-thinking kitchenware, homeware, or gift stores.
Why not try some product in your store today? Contact us about our wholesale prices.
Billyboil Plastic Free Packaging
Here at Reduction Revolution, we hate pointless plastic packaging. The Billyboil now ships with no plastic packaging.
- We replaced the usual plastic bags used to protect the stainless steel during shipping with recyclable tissue paper.
- Inside the cartons, instead of styrofoam, we use cardboard.
- We said "no" to a lacquered box and plastic carry handle. Instead, we opted for natural finish cardboard that's easier to recycle.
The Billyboil is an eco cooking pot - that's fittingly packaged plastic-free.
A Practical Gift
Have you ever been stuck for gift ideas for that hard-to-buy-for friend or relative? Chances are they haven't heard of the Billyboil just yet.
Here are six kinds of people who would love this thoughtful present:
- The Time Poor Parent who wants to find a way to cook dinner before picking up the kids from school and keep it hot until dinnertime.
- The Home Chef who doesn’t want to spend hours watching and stirring a saucepan over a hot stove.
- The Eco-Warrior who wants to reduce their energy usage and eco-footprint.
- The Camper or Caravaner who wants to save precious portable fuel.
- The Gadget Getter who loves any innovative kitchen idea.
- The Newly Weds who would appreciate a unique gift that stands out from the crowd.
Or perhaps you might like to treat yourself?
See all Billyboil.