Verbatim LED Oyster Light Fitting Dimmable IP54
A Slimline LED Oyster Light for Inside & Out
This Verbatim LED Oyster surface mount ceiling light fitting has the following benefits:
- Up to 75% energy savings - Replace old oyster light fittings using bulbs or circular T5 fluro tubes.
- Instant on to full brightness - No more flickering or dim lighting.
- IP54 outdoor rated - Suitable for damp locations (eg. bathroom, kitchen, outside under the eaves, etc).
- Dimmable - Compatible with Clipsal dimmers (triac) and others.
Unlike old fashioned oyster lights, the Verbatim LED Oyster light is fully integrated. This means that the light source and light fitting are combined into one unit. Once installed, it is essentially maintenance free as there are no tubes or bulbs to replace.
The Verbatim LED Oyster Ceiling light has an expected lifetime of 40,000 hours. That's around 20 years when used for 5 hours per day.
Front and back view of the Verbatim LED Oyster Light fitting.
LED Oyster Light in 250mm, 300mm, or 350mm Diameter
The Verbatim LED Oyster Light comes in three size and brightness options. Make sure you select your prefered size and wattage using the drop-down menu at the top of this page.
- 250mm (25cm) diameter - 12W
- 300mm (30cm) diameter - 18W
- 350mm (35cm) diameter - 25W
Specifications - Verbatim LED Oyster Light
|Power Consumption||12W, 18W, or 25W|
|Colour Temperature||Cool White (4000K)|
|Fitting Type||Surface mounted ceiling light fitting|
|Light Output||1,100lm (12W), 1,650lm (18W), 2,200lm (25W)|
|Dimmable||Yes - compatible with Clipsal dimmers (triac)|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 250mm (12W), 300mm (18W), 350mm (25W) x Depth: 48mm (12W), 40mm (18W & 25W)|
|Weight||610g (12W), 900g (18W), 1.3kg (25W)|
|Installation||Installation by an electrician|
|Product Identifiers||Order Codes: 65440, 65441, 64798; Barcodes: 6943760254402, 6943760254419, 6943760247985|
|Further Documentation||Spec sheets: 12W, 18W, 25W (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What does 'IP54' mean?
This LED Oyster light has an IP54 rating which means it is:
- Very well sealed and highly resistant to dust ingress (way less bugs and grit behind the diffuser!).
- Protected against water spray from all directions (ie. suitable to be installed both indoors and outdoors).
Most LED oyster lights on the market do not offer this level of protection against the elements.
What size & brightness LED Oyster should I choose?
These LED oyster lights are used in both residential and commercial lighting fitouts.
Replacing existing fluro or other oyster lights. In this case, it's often best to select the same size (diameter) that you already have. This ensures the new light fitting will cover any marks left of the ceiling by the old fitting.
Installing oyster lights in a new area. The 12W fitting is generally suitable for small bedrooms, storage areas, or corridors. The 18W and 25W lights are used where higher brightness is required (laundry, kitchen, patio, etc).
Roughly speaking you are looking at:
- 12W LED = 20W Fluorescent = 75W Incandescent Bulb
- 18W LED = 30W Fluorescent = 100W Incandescent Bulb
- 25W LED = 40W Fluorescent = 150W Incandescent Bulb