LED Motion Sensor Lights & Occupancy Sensors
Browse our products below, or read more about this category.
- Osram LED Motion Sensor Floodlight 50W $49.95 AUD
- Osram LED Oyster Light 25W (300mm) with Sensor $69.95 AUD
- Osram T8 LED Tube 16W with Sensor - 4 Foot (1200mm) $29.95 AUD
- Osram T8 LED Tube 8W with Sensor - 2 Foot (600mm) $19.95 AUD
- Philips GreenUp Actilume LED High Bay 160W $299.95 AUD
- enLighten Vico LED Batten with Occupancy Sensor $129.95 AUD
- Chamaeleon Eco LED Light with Occupancy Sensor $249.95 AUD
- Chamaeleon Deco Black 21W LED Light with Sensor from $214.95 AUD
- Chamaeleon Deco White 21W LED Light with Sensor from $149.95 AUD
- Zorro Unplugged Solar LED Street Light from $479.95 AUD
- Philips LED Solar Bollard Light $99.95 AUD
- Philips OccuSwitch Occupancy Sensor $59.95 AUD
- Philips OccuSwitch Surface Mount Box $14.95 AUD
Motion sensor lights can help reduce energy usage and improve security.
Types of Sensor Lights
There are three main types of sensors used in LED sensor lights:
1) Passive Infra-Red (PIR) motion detectors. PIR sensors measure the infrared light (or heat) radiating from objects in their field of view. They detect a change in radiation when something obvious happens: like a person walking past, or a vehicle driving by.
2) Microwave occupancy sensors. Microwave sensors emit a microwave signal and then detect if this signal has been disturbed. As a result, they tend to be more sensitive than PIR sensors.
3) Photo Electric (PE) light sensors. PE cells or sensors detect the amount of light in a given area. They are often used to switch lights on overnight at a certain light level (lux level).
There are many different words used to describe motion sensor lights. These include: motion sensor, movement detector, occupancy sensor, day/night sensor, daylight harvesting, and others. Despite all the different words, most light fittings use one or a combination of the three types of sensors described above.
Popular Applications for LED Motion Sensor Lights
Some of the most beneficial applications for LED sensor lights include:
- Security lighting.
- Building perimeter, front entrance, and driveway lighting.
- Underground and undercover car park lighting.
- Meeting rooms, storerooms, and other back-office areas.
- Corridors and lift lobbies.
- Fire escape and emergency lighting.
See also our complete lighting range.