Philips Hue LED Bulb E27 - White & Colour Ambiance
Get the Smartest LED Light Bulb from Philips
The Philips Hue White and Colour Ambiance E27 light bulb gives you virtually unlimited lighting options. It works in conjunction with a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately).
- Works in any standard Edison Screw ('ES' or 'E27') light socket.
- 16 million colour options.
- Fully dimmable.
- Advanced app-controlled lighting.
Limitless Lighting Options with Philips Hue E27 Bulb
Here are some of the things you can do with these Philips E27 LED Light bulbs:
Lighting Sleep Aid & Alarm. The lights can be set to dim down in the evening and/or gently wake you up in the morning.
Location Awareness. Your lights can automatically turn on when you arrive home, and turn off when you leave.
Sunset & Sunrise. Your lights can automatically turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise.
Set a Timer. Want to tell the kids that dinner’s ready? Or need a reminder for yourself? The timer function activates your lights after a specified time by triggering a scene or simply flashing the lights.
Sync with Games, Films & Music - Immerse yourself in your favourite film, sync your lights to any song, or bring in-game effects into your living room.
Control your Philips Hue lights with Amazon, Apple, or Google Apps & Devices
Whether you want to turn your lights on and off or change the brightness of a room, a lot can be done using your voice. Explore the possibilities of voice control with your platform of choice. Philips Hue works with Amazon Alexa, Apple Home Kit and Google Assistant.
Specifications - Hue White & Colour Ambiance Single Bulb E27
|Light Output||800 lumens @ 4000 K|
|Fitting Type||Edison Screw E27|
|Colour Temperature||2000K (very warm white) - 6500K (cool daylight)|
|Colour Control||16 million colours|
|Colour rendering index (CRI)||80|
|Dimmable||Yes, via smart device|
110mm long by 62mm wide
Frequently Asked Questions
Will it work with other smart lighting gateways?
We recommend you use these E27 light bulbs with the Philips Hue Bridge for best performance. However, we have tested and used these Philips lights with the Osram Lightify Gateway which we sold previously.
Tips for using Hue lights with the Osram Lightify Gateway:
- Upgrade to the latest Lightify Gateway firmware in the Lightify App before adding Hue lights.
- Be patient when adding Hue lights, it can take a few attempts before Lightify locates the Hue lights in the network. They will appear as 'Device 01', 'Device 02', etc. Once added, it can take a minute or two before they are controllable in the Lightify App.
- Changing colour temperature, RGB colours and dimming all work in the Lightify App. However in our testing, dimming is smoother when using the Hue Bridge and Hue App.
So is it Philips Hue Ambiance or Philips Hue Ambience?
Officially, the light is called "Hue White & Color Ambiance Single Bulb E27." So it seems that Philips has gone American on colour and French on ambience!