This Weekend Only: Enter code LED10 for 10% OFF all LED Lights
Efergy Ego Smart Power Sockets & App
The Efergy Ego Smart Power Socket System allows you to monitor power and control multiple appliances wirelessly from your smart phone or tablet anywhere you have an internet connection! The system consists of two types of sockets:
Ego Smart Socket - Master controller
- Control - Switch an appliance or group of appliances on and off from the EgoPlus App.
- Monitor - Real-time or historical power consumption monitoring.
- Save - Schedule timers to automatically switch appliances on and off. Use the 'standby elimination' setting to automatically switch appliances off when in standby mode.
Remote Socket - Slave units
- Control - Appliances connected to this socket can be switched on or off through the EgoPlus App.
- Expandable - Add up to 5 remote units for any extra power outlets you'd like to control.
The web app is FREE and works on any Android or Apple device.
All you need to decide is how many sockets you need! See our drop down menu above for options.
Note: A minimum of one Smart Socket ('master') is needed to operate the system. Add up to 5 additional Remote Sockets ('slave') to control additional power outlets.
How the Efergy Ego Smart Power Socket System Works
One Smart Socket (master) is plugged into a power outlet and can wirelessly control Remote Sockets (slave units). The Master Socket allows you to control, monitor and program the use of an appliance and can switch on/off up to 5 Remote Sockets.
The Smart Socket connects to your internet router via Wi-Fi, which sends the data to the Efergy Ego cloud server where you can access and control the master socket from the EgoPlus App.
The Remote Sockets communicate with the Smart Master via 433MHz wireless and allow you to turn on/off appliances from your smartphone, helping you to save both electricity and money. You can add up to 5 Remote Sockets to the Smart Master.
Note: The Remote Sockets are On/Off control only, with a wireless range over 70m in open areas.
The Efergy EgoPlus App (which you can download for free above) acts as a direct portal to your Efergy Ego Smart Socket. Through connection to the Smart Socket, any Remote Sockets can also be switched on/off via the EgoPlus App.
Whatever changes you make on the App are immediately applied to the selected socket.
This means you can 'set and forget.' In other words, the App, your phone or the wireless network do not need to be on for the Socket to keep functioning. All the settings are stored on the Socket until you next access and change them via the App.
Efergy Ego Smart Socket System - Technical Specifications
|Socket Type||Regular 10A Power Plug|
|Working Voltage||100V - 240V|
|Dimensions||120 x 44 x 70mm|
|Power Range||0.2 - 2400W|
|Voltage Frequency Range||50-60Hz|
|Supported WiFi network type||2.4Ghz ONLY|
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers (PDF)
See also - Efergy Ego Wireless Power Meter Review.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install the ego smart socket?
Installation is easy:
- Download the Efergy EgoPlus app (see links above).
- Connect your phone or tablet to your Wi-Fi network.
- Plug the ego smart socket into a power outlet. The Wi-Fi LED on the socket should flash quickly. If it doesn't, press the button on the ego smart socket until the LED starts to flash rapidly.
- Choose "Add Appliance" on the app. The Wi-Fi network is automatically identified. Input the Wi-Fi network password and press Connect.
- After you've connected, you’ll find the Wi-Fi LED on the Ego Smart Socket is off and there is a new socket in the device list on the app.
If you encounter any problems during set-up try and re-pair the device to your phone by holding down the power button (step 3) and re-adding the appliance (step 4). Additional setup advise is available from Efergy here.
How accurate is the ego?
How often do the readings and charts update?
- Instant power updates every 5 seconds.
- The accumulated power updates every 5 minutes.
- The energy consumption graph updates every 30 minutes.
How many sockets can I control with the app?
6 per smart socket (1 smart socket + 5 remote sockets). Note that processing speed may be affected the more devices you connect.
How does the standby feature work?
Once the ego learns the standby power of an appliance it will then recognise the appliance is "on" only when it’s power reading is above 1.5 times that of it’s learned standby reading.
How much data does it store?
The socket stores the last 24 hours average power (in periods of 30 minutes) and the last 12 month’s daily kWh history.
Can I access the data other than through the app?
Not at the moment but Efergy is looking into opening up the API for other developers in the future.
Further documentation and resources