Efergy Ego Smart Power Socket & App
The Efergy Ego Smart Socket allow you to monitor power and control multiple appliances wirelessly from your smart phone or tablet anywhere you have an internet connection!
Ego Smart Socket - Master controller
- Control - Switch an appliance or group of appliances on and off from the EgoPlus App.
- Monitor - Real-time or historical power consumption monitoring.
- Save - Schedule timers and countdowns to automatically switch appliances on and off.
All you need to decide is how many sockets you need in your home!
Click images above to download the EgoPlus app
How the Efergy Ego Smart Sockets work
The Smart Socket allows you to switch on & off, monitor and schedule connected appliances connected through it's power outlet.
The Smart Socket connects to your internet router via Wi-Fi, which sends the data to the Efergy EgoPlus App via the internet.
The Efergy EgoPlus App (which you can download for free above) acts as a direct portal to your Efergy Ego Smart Socket. Whatever changes you make on the App are immediately applied to the selected socket.
This means you can 'set and forget.' In other words, the App, your phone or the wireless network do not need to be on for the Socket to keep functioning. All the settings are stored on the Socket until you next access and change them via the App.
EgoPlus App Screenshots - Monitor Power, Energy, Voltage & Current; Schedule timers and countdowns; view graphs of monthly energy consumption
Efergy Ego Smart Socket System - Technical Specifications
|Socket Type||Regular 10A Power Plug|
|Working Voltage||100V - 240V|
|Dimensions||120 x 44 x 70mm|
|Power Measurement||0.2 - 2400W|
|Supported WiFi network type||2.4Ghz only|
|Installation||Self-install, indoor only|
Android (Google Play Store)
Apple iOS (iTunes App Store)
Ego Smart Socket Setup Manual (PDF)
See also - Efergy Ego Wireless Power Meter Review.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install the ego smart socket?
Installation is easy:
- Download the Efergy EgoPlus app (see links above).
- Connect your phone or tablet to your Wi-Fi network.
- Plug the ego smart socket into a power outlet. The Wi-Fi LED on the socket should flash quickly. If it doesn't, press the button on the ego smart socket until the LED starts to flash rapidly.
- Choose "Add Appliance" on the app. The Wi-Fi network is automatically identified. Input the Wi-Fi network password and press Connect.
- After you've connected, you’ll find the Wi-Fi LED on the Ego Smart Socket is off and there is a new socket in the device list on the app.
If you encounter any problems during set-up try and re-pair the device to your phone by holding down the power button (step 3) and re-adding the appliance (step 4). Additional setup advise is available from Efergy here.
How accurate is the ego?
How often do the readings and charts update?
- Instant power updates every 5 seconds.
- The accumulated power updates every 5 minutes.
- The energy consumption graph updates every 30 minutes.
How many Smart sockets can I control with the app?
20+ Smart sockets. Please contact us if you need to control more units from a single smartphone. Note that processing speed may be affected the more devices you connect.
How much data does it store?
The socket stores the last 24 hours average power (in periods of 30 minutes) and the last 12 month’s daily kWh history.
Can I access the data other than through the app?
Not at the moment but Efergy is looking into opening up the API for other developers in the future.