Powersensor Extra Plug
Expand Your System & Measure More Appliances
The Powersensor Plug is an optional add-on to existing Powersensor installations. There are two main uses for extra Plugs:
1) Disaggregate Your Power Consumption
Add extra Plugs to accurately measure the electricity consumption of more appliances around your home. By doing this, you can 'disaggregate' your energy usage (separate it into its component parts). For example, with extra Plugs, you can find out:
- How much does the second fridge contribute to total power usage?
- How much electric juice is the home entertainment set-up consuming?
- Is the washer or dryer a key cause of your high electricity bills?
- How much does a plug-in heater use over a whole month?
2) Extend the Wireless Range of Your System
Powersensor Plugs connect to your home internet via wifi, which tends to already have quite a good coverage and range. But the Sensors connect to the Plugs via Bluetooth. In some cases, you can use an extra Plug installed close to your electricity meter to ensure the Sensors are always within range of the system.
Need a complete kit? See our Powersensor page for all options.
Specifications - Powersensor Plug
|Plug Type||Standard three-pin AU/NZ power plug: 240 V AC 50Hz 10A. Uses less than 1W of power to operate.|
|Wireless Range||Sensors to Plug: up to 20m. Plug to internet router: up to 50m, extendable with Wifi repeater.|
|Wireless Protocol||Wifi 2.4 GHz|
|Dimensions||9.9cm (Height) x 4.3cm (Width) x 3.8cm (Depth, excluding pins)|
|Product Identifiers||DiUS Powersensor Wifi Plug|
|Further Documentation||Quickstart Guide (PDF)|