NEW Product! Order now for delivery in March. Can't wait? Get a Powertech Power Meter instead.
Uncover Your Energy Guzzlers
The Reduction Revolution Power Meter measures the energy usage and running cost of any standard plug-in appliance.
Here's what it measures:
- Watts (W) - Real-time power draw. Don't trust the label - or what someone told you - check it for yourself!
- Kilowatt-hours (kWh) - Total energy usage over time. Cross-check your electricity bill - this is what you are billed for.
Cost ($) - Running cost, based on the electricity tariff you enter (optional).
- Volts (V) - The voltage of your electricity supply.
Our power meter will help you focus your energy-saving efforts on the right appliances. It may even help you to settle some arguments about who or what uses the most electricity at your house :)
Unlike other power meters, the all-new Reduction Revolution Power Meter is compact and easy to use.
Measuring Appliance Power Usage Has Never Been This Easy
The Reduction Revolution Power Meter does not require any complex set-up.
You can take it out of the box and use it straight away.
Here's how it works:
- Plug it into a power outlet, and then plug any appliance (or power board) into it. It will immediately show you power usage and begin tracking cumulative energy usage. Click the MODE button to scroll through the readings.
- If you wish to track costs, press the MODE button for three seconds to enter your electricity tariff.
- It doesn't require batteries but will save your data, even when unplugged. Press the reset button ('R') with the nib of a pen or pencil if you want to zero the readings and start again.
Specifications - Plug-in Power Consumption Meter
|Standard 10A Australia / New Zealand 3-pin power plug & socket
|0 - 2,400W
|Kilowatt-hours (kWh) - 0.00 to 9999 kWh
Total $ - 0.00 to $9999
Watts (W) and Voltage (V) - to one decimal place
|The power meter saves your cumulative readings, even when unplugged. It does not require any batteries.
|108mm (height) x 57mm (width) x 48mm (depth excluding pins)
|RRPM03; Reduction Revolution Plug-in Power Meter. Previous models sold include: Steplight Power Meter, RRPM01, RRPM02
Power Usage Meter FAQs
How accurate are the readings?
The Reduction Revolution Power Meter has been tested against high-end power meters like the Power-Mate. The readings are of a comparably high accuracy.
What is the lowest power usage it can measure?
It can measure down to about 0.5W - a tiny amount of standby power.
How many tariffs can be entered?
You can enter one electricity tariff. We recommend entering an average tariff of $0.35/kWh if you are unsure what to enter or if your tariffs vary throughout the day, week, or year.
Does the Power Meter measure 'Real Power'?
Yes - the Reduction Revolution Power Meter measures ‘Real Power’ - which is what you are billed for. Power is measured instantaneously in Watts (W) and over time in kilowatt-hours (kWh). Other meters have failed to measure this correctly in the past, leading to incorrect readings.
What other electricity monitoring devices do you sell?
Here are some other products we sell for monitoring your power usage:
- The Powertech Meter offers similar functionality with a more accessible display screen.
- The Power-Mate Lite is a professional tool for more technical users. It shows more detailed parameters but is not necessary for most customers.
- The Power-Mate 15A meter is for larger 15A power sockets. Some caravans, electric vehicles, commercial kitchens, and boat marinas use these.
- Our hard-wired electrical sub-meters are the best solution for metering whole circuits or on-billing a sub-tenant.
- Finally, our wireless energy monitors capture the energy usage of an entire property.
Overall, the plug-in power meter described on this page is our lowest-cost and easiest-to-use power meter. We recommend that everyone has one to de-mystify and check their energy usage.