Efergy Engage Hub Online Software Set-up (& Troubleshooting)
This guide outlines some important steps in the set-up of the Engage Hub's online software.
Step 1) Plug in, Power Up, & Register
Connect the Hub to power and plug it into an ethernet port on your internet router.
Place alkaline (not rechargeable) batteries into your transmitter. If you have multiple transmitters, keep them nearby but install batteries in one unit only for now.
Then, go to engage.efergy.com/user/register and create a new account.
After clicking 'Next' your Hub should be detected on your network per below.
Note: the 'MAC address' can be found on the base of your Hub.
Step 2) Add Your First Transmitter
At Step 2 the system should detect the transmitter that you placed batteries in above.
IMPORTANT: The first transmitter must be set as "Grid - Whole house consumption" from the dropdown menu. You can name it however you like in the 'Sensor name' section.
Adding your first transmitter.
Step 3) Location & Currency
At step 3 you will be asked to enter some basic details about your system.
Simply enter these details and then click 'Next'.
Step 4) Add Extra Transmitters
If you have any extra transmitters, now is the time to add batteries to these devices.
Then click "Scan for Devices". This can be found in Settings > My Equipment.
IMPORTANT: Any extra transmitters must be set as "Solar - Submetering" from the dropdown menu. This is regardless of what it is measuring. The checkbox must also be selected to add a transmitter.
Don't forget to check that pesky checkbox!
Step 5) Install The Sensors
The final step is to install the sensor clamps and transmitters at your switchboard.
For this part please refer to the following links:
- No solar? See the 'Installation Guide' section.
- If you have solar power: How to Install a Solar Energy Monitor.
- See also: How to Check if You Have a 3 Phase or Single Phase.
Step 6) Start Saving Energy!
Now that your Engage login is set-up you can get on with saving energy. You can use the platform to do things such as:
- Check your energy usage at different times of day.
- Make the most of your solar panels if you have solar.
- See instantly how much your appliances consume.
- Check overnight standby power usage.
If you follow the above installation sequence you should not encounter any issues. If you do have any issues, please review below:
Can't detect Hub at Step 1
- Choose to enter the MAC address manually and try again.
- Ensure your router is not blocking ports with a firewall or other software.
- Reboot your internet router, then reboot the hub, and try again.
Can't detect Transmitter at Step 2
- Ensure the Transmitter is within a few metres of the Hub for this initial set-up. You can move it away again later.
- Remove and replace the batteries, and try again.
Can't detect Transmitter at Step 4
- Ensure it's close by (as above).
- Try 'Scan for Devices' again, and while the software is scanning, press the button on the transmitter a few times.
- Don't forget to check the checkbox before clicking "Add Devices".
Readings do not make sense at Step 6
Incorrect readings are typically a result of the sensor clamp being installed in the wrong location at your meter board. Please review our detailed installation guide for households with solar power.
Still have a problem?
If the above tips do not solve your problem please check the Efergy product support page. At the bottom of that page you can contact Efergy if the FAQ's do not assist. Be sure to include your MAC address, log-in email and issue encountered. They will typically respond in one to two business days. If you have any other issues, please contact us.