Osram T8 LED Tube 8W with Sensor (600mm)
Save $50+ per year per tube replaced
The Osram LED Motion Sensor Tube is a new energy saving replacement for 2 Foot 'T8' fluorescent tubes (600mm). See also: 1200mm LED Sensor Tube.
It is an ideal lighting solution for areas such as car-parks, corridors and storage areas.
- Full brightness when movement detected, dropping to 30% brightness in standby mode (no movement).
- In-built microwave motion sensor - more effective than PIR infrared sensors.
- Includes replacement starter (so you can install yourself).
- Works in all fitting types, including those with a diffuser!
Easy to install in existing fittings
The Osram LED Motion Sensor Tube fits into your exiting fluorescent T8 light fixtures.
Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! If your fitting does not have a starter you will need an electrician to wire-out the existing electronic ballast before installing this LED Tube.
Don't get left in the dark!
Most motion sensor systems require an electrician for installation and they can be complicated to successfully mount and install. Take car-parks for example, how do you position the sensors in all areas so people don't accidentally get left in the dark at their car? [answer: you can't]
The Osram LED Sensor Tube addresses this issue by distributing the sensor technology to each and every light bulb. This way lights are only on in the areas which are actually occupied.
Furthermore, when not on at full brightness, they do not turn off completely. They remain in standby (sensing) mode and still emit 30% of their total light output.
Massive energy savings await
Compared to conventional fluorescent tubes, the Osram T8 LED Sensor Tube with microwave motion sensor can save up to 90% of operational energy usage.
Here is an example:
- Old T8 Fluorescent tube 18W plus 7W in the ballast (25W total) operating 24hrs/day. Total = 0.60 kWh/day.
- New Sensor LED tube 8W (eg. 1 hour per day) and 2.4W in standby at all other times. Total = 0.06 kWh/day.
- That's a 90% energy saving!
Installation guide - 2 Foot (600mm) LED Sensor Tube
There are two main types of fluorescent light fittings in existing buildings:
1) Magnetic ballast fittings - with starters. These are the most common fitting type. Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! Magnetic ballast fittings are identifiable by the fact they have starters present.
Easy installation for any fitting with a starter.
2) Electronic ballast fittings - no starters. Unlike the example shown above, these fittings do not have a starter. These units will require an electrician to 'wire out' the existing ballast. Fittings without starters that come on instantly are generally electronic ballast.
Specifications - 600mm LED Tube with Microwave Motion Sensor
|Fitting Type||Glass T8 tube / G13 connector|
|Power Consumption||8 Watts (when on at full brightness) and 2.4 Watts (standby mode at 30% brightness)|
|Operating Description||- Stays on as long as motion detected, then goes to 30% brightness standby mode after 30 seconds of no movement
- Sensor range is up to approx 12m
|Voltage||100-240 V AC 50-60Hz|
|Colour Temperature||4000K (Cool White) or 6500K (Daylight)|
|Colour Code||840 or 865|
|Light Output||800 lumen|
|Dimmable||Not suitable for use on dimmer circuits|
|Dimensions||598mm (long) x 26mm (wide)|
|Installation||Self install (includes replacement starter) or consult an electrician.|
Barcode: 4058075067011, 4058075055599;
|Further Notes||- Single end power supply
- Safety fuse in supplied LED starter
- Spec sheet & Install Guide (PDF)
Motion sensing detection range for Osram LED Star+ tube: