Osram T8 LED Tube 8W with Sensor - 2 Foot (600mm)
LED Tube with Microwave Occupancy Sensor
The Osram LED Motion Sensor Tube is an energy saving replacement for 2 Foot T8 fluro tubes. See also: 1200mm LED Sensor Tube.
It is an ideal lighting solution for areas such as car-parks, corridors and storage areas.
- Light output drops to 30% when no movement detected.
- The in-built microwave motion sensor is more effective than PIR infrared sensors.
- Includes replacement starter (so you can install yourself).
- Works in all fitting types, including those with a diffuser!
Motion Sensor Lighting That Just Works
Historically, motion sensor systems have been complicated to install. Take car-parks for example, how do you position enough sensors so people don't get left in the dark? [Answer: you can't]
The Osram LED Sensor Tube addresses this issue by including a sensor with evey tube. This way lights are only on in the areas which are actually occupied.
Furthermore, when not on at full brightness, they do not turn off completely. They remain in standby (sensing) mode and still emit 30% of their total light output.
Save up to $50 per year per tube replaced
Compared to old fluorescent tubes, the Osram T8 LED Sensor Tube reduces energy costs over 90%. Here is an example:
- Old T8 Fluorescent tube 18W plus 7W in the ballast (25W total) operating 24hrs/day. Total = 0.60 kWh/day.
- New Sensor LED tube 8W (eg. 1 hour per day) and 2W in standby at all other times. Total = 0.06 kWh/day.
- That's a 90% energy saving!
Annual operating cost of 24/7 lighting options.
Installation guide - 2 Foot (600mm) LED Sensor Tube
The Osram LED Motion Sensor Tube fits into your existing fluorescent T8 light fixtures. There are two main types of fluro light fittings:
1) Magnetic ballast fittings - with starters. These are the most common fitting type. Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! Magnetic ballast fittings are identifiable by the fact they have starters present.
Easy installation for any fitting with a starter.
2) Electronic ballast fittings - no starters. Unlike the example shown above, these fittings do not have a starter. These units will require an electrician to 'wire out' the existing ballast. Fittings without starters that come on instantly are generally electronic ballast.
Specifications - 600mm '2ft' LED Tube with Microwave Motion Sensor
|Fitting Type||Glass T8 tube / G13 connector|
|Power Consumption||8 Watts (when on at full brightness) and 2.4 Watts (standby mode at 30% brightness)|
|Operating Description||- Stays on as long as motion detected, then goes to 30% brightness standby mode after 30 seconds of no movement
- Sensor range is up to approx 12m
|Voltage||100-240 V AC 50-60Hz|
|Colour Temperature||4000K (Cool White) or 6500K (Daylight)|
|Colour Code||840 or 865|
|Light Output||800 lumen|
|Dimmable||Not suitable for use on dimmer circuits|
|Dimensions||604mm (total length including pins) x 28mm (wide)|
|Installation||Self install (includes replacement starter) or consult an electrician.|
|Product Identifiers||Barcode: 4058075067011, 4058075055599; Name: Osram Ledvance LED STAR+ Motion Sensor Tube ST8S-0.6M 8W / 840(4000K) / 865(6500K) 230V EM 25X1 APM OSRAM|
|Further Notes||- Single end power supply, safety fuse in supplied LED starter.
- Spec Sheet & Install Guide (PDF)
Motion sensing detection range for Osram LED Star+ tube:
Is something not clear? Send us your question.