Philips T8 LED Tube 25W - 5 Foot (1500mm, 150cm)
Replace 58W 5ft fluro tubes with 25W LED
The Philips CorePro LED Tube is a cost-effective replacement for existing fluorescent lights.
- Reduces energy consumption by over 50%.
- Designed to operate for 30,000 hours.
- Install it yourself - no electrician required in most cases.
Fits all standard T8 light fittings '5 foot' (1.5m) in length. This item replaces regular 58W (or similar) fluorescent tubes with a 25W LED.
Need another size? See our complete range of LED tube lights.
Slash T8 tube energy usage by over 60%
Long T8 fluorescent lamps consume 58 Watts of power with a further ~10 Watts lost in the ballast. As a result, total power consumption per lamp is actually around 68 Watts.
The Philips T8 LED tube, on the other hand, consumes just 25 Watts in total. That's an energy saving of 63%. Even though the ballast remains in circuit, it will not draw any real power.
This translates into an electricity cost saving of about $47 per year, for every tube upgraded. This example assumes 12 hours per day operation and an electricity tariff of $0.25/kWh.
Installation guide - 1.5m LED Fluro Tube
There are two main types of fluorescent light fittings in existing buildings:
1) Magnetic ballast fittings - with starters. These are the most common fitting type. Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! Magnetic ballast fittings are identifiable by the fact they have starters present.
Easy installation for any fitting with a starter.
2) Electronic ballast fittings - no starters. Unlike the example shown above, these fittings do not have a starter. These units will require an electrician to 'wire out' the existing ballast. See the wiring diagram in the specifications table below. Fittings without starters that come on instantly are generally electronic ballast.
Price includes replacement LED starter
Don't forget to check the packaging for the LED starter. It's easy to miss if you happen to open the package at the other end!
The LED starter is a safety fuse. It allows the LED tube to work in your existing light fittings, with no further modification.
Specifications - Philips CorePro 1500mm LED Tube
|Fitting Type||T8 tube / G13 connector|
|Power Consumption||25 Watts (replace 58W tube)|
|Voltage||220-240 V AC|
|Colour Temperature||4000K ('cool white') or 6500K ('daylight')|
|Colour Codes||840 or 865|
|Light Output||3,000 lumen|
|Dimensions||1514mm (total length including pins) x 28mm (wide)|
|Installation||Self install or consult an electrician.|
|Carton Quantity||10 (this listing is for 1 tube)|
|Product Identifiers||Philips Corepro LEDtube 1500mm 25W 840/865 C; 929001289519, 929001200719 (order codes); 8718696682036, 8718696681114 (barcodes).|
Product Presentation (PDF)
Installation Guide (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
What other options and sizes are available?
We stock a wide range of other LED tubes, including:
Which is better: 6500K or 4000K?
One colour temperature is not really "better" than the other. Generally 6500K is a "whiter" light and is perceived to be slightly brighter. If you want these LED tubes to look the same as the fluro tubes you are replacing, look for '840' or '865' on your existing tubes. '840' is 4000K and '865' is 6500K.
How does this item compare to other brands and models?
Here is a list of other models of 5ft LED tubes.
|Make / Model||Watts||Lumens|
|Osram / Ledvance SubstiTUBE Value ST8V-1.5M 840 / 865||20W||2,400|
|Osram / Ledvance SubstiTUBE Advanced ST8A-1.5M EM||21W||2,400|
|Verbatim LED Tube T8 1500mm 4000K / 6500K (65442, 65443, 65788)||24W||2,400|
|Philips MASTER LEDtube VLE 1500mm 840 / 865||20W||2,000|
|Philips CorePro LEDtube 1500mm 840 / 865||25W||3,000|
As you can see from the above table, the Philips CorePro LED tube (this product) is:
- At least 25% brighter than other 1.5m LED tubes,
- Equal best energy efficiency (at 120 lumens / watt).