Efergy Engage Hub Online Energy Monitor - Regular
The Efergy Engage Hub allows you to monitor your energy consumption from anywhere that you have an internet connection.
- Suits both single and three-phase supplies - see drop down menu above.
- Securely log in on your phone, tablet, or computer - even when you are away from home.
- Easily view (and download) detailed historical electricity consumption data.
- Displays data from up to five efergy transmitters (one is included as standard).
- Connects via ethernet cable to your modem or router
Got Solar? See the Efergy Engage Hub for Solar.
Efergy Engage Hub - How it Works / What's Included
The Efergy Engage Hub kit includes the following key components:
- The Hub - A small wireless gateway that plugs into your existing internet router.
- Waterproof Transmitter - This goes inside your meter box and is battery powered (3 x AA batteries).
- CT Sensor Clamp(s) - These plug into the transmitter and measure the power usage. We'll send you 1 clamp for single phase or 3 clamps for three phase.
- Free Software & Apps - Free access to the efergy engage online dashboard as well as apps for iPhone, Android and iPad.
Efergy Engage Hub - Online Dashboard
The online dashboard is easy to use, and includes the following key features:
- Real Time Usage Icon - updates every six seconds and dynamically changes colour from blue (low usage), to orange (medium usage), to red (high usage).
- Budget - for simple energy cost tracking. Note: this widget currently only accommodates one electricity tariff, but may be updated in the future.
- Energy Demand - shows a detailed daily load profile (chart) or your usage over time. You can scroll back in time to see previous days in detail.
- History Usage - shows historical consumption over hours, days, weeks, or months. Forms a very useful historical data log over time.
- Report - download monthly data in CSV files, with a data resolution of minutes, hours, or days.
Preview screenshots from the Efergy Engage Hub Online Dashboard (click to enlarge).
Efergy Engage Hub - Installation Guide
In many cases the sensor clamp(s) can be fitted at the front of your meter board. It's a quick (5 minute) job for an electrician to fit them behind the board if necessary.
The image below shows a "behind the board" single phase installation. In this case the clamp was installed behind the board as there was not enough room available above the main service fuse on the front side.
Circular image on the right shows the sensor clamp placed around the main supply cable behind the board. The presence of a single black 'service fuse' indicates a single phase installation. Three phase properties have 3 of these service fuses.
Got Solar Panels? Make sure you review our Engage Hub for Solar installation guide.
Specifications - Efergy Engage Hub Online Energy Monitor
|Voltage Range||110V - 300V AC|
|Measurement Range||50mA - 70A (12W to 16.8kW). Use large CT for up to 120A per phase.|
|Transmitter Range||Up to 70m (uses 433.5MHz)|
|Accuracy||Typically within ±10% (see test results) - use a 'sub meter' if higher accuracy required for metering purposes.|
|Three Phase Compatible||Yes|
|Data Download||Yes - monthly data in CSV files, with a data resolution of minutes, hours, or days.|
|Key Measurements||Real time usage, cost, energy demand, historical usage. See sample screenshots above.|
|Power Supply||The Hub is powered by an AU/NZ power plug (supplied) & Transmitter uses 3 x AA batteries (not included).|
|Dimensions||- Hub: 80 x 85 x 25mm
- Transmitter: 107 x 63 x 31mm (plus 3 short leads for the clamps)
- Clamp: 42 x 27 x 27mm (10mm internal diameter) plus 1m lead. See also large clamp.
|Weight||- Hub: 61g (excluding cables)
- Transmitter: 140g (with batteries)
- Clamp: 55g
|Product Identifiers||Efergy Engage Hub Kit (Model), 4897037690559 (Barcode)|
|Further Documentation||Efergy Engage Hub Manual (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What items will I receive with my order?
|Single Phase||1 x Engage Hub (including ethernet cable & power adapter)
1 x Waterproof Transmitter
1 x CT Sensor Clamp
|Three Phase||1 x Engage Hub (including ethernet cable & power adapter)
1 x Waterproof Transmitter
3 x CT Sensor Clamps
How can I tell if I have Single Phase or Three Phase?
At your electricity meter board, take a look at the 'Main Switch.' Using the image below as a guide you should be able to see which type you have.
Single phase (single pole) main switch on left vs. three phase (three pole) main switch on right. Still confused? See our blog.
How much data does it store?
Data storage is currently unlimited. As long as you keep it running, it will keep logging your energy data.
How much does the software cost?
The software and apps are free. In other words, the ongoing software cost is included in the upfront cost of the hardware (price shown on this page).
Can I place the sensor clamp around the white lead to a plug-in appliance?
No - Wireless energy monitors do not work on regular power leads like an extension cord. This is because they need to clamp around the active cable only at your meter board. You might like to check out our range of 'plug-in power meters' to measure individual appliances such as portable air conditioners.
Can I see the usage from each individual phase (3 phase version)?
No - The transmitter sums up its total usage and reports this as one channel of data. So whether you buy the single phase (1 clamp) or 3 phase (3 clamps) version, you will still get one (total) reading from the transmitter.
Can extra transmitters be linked to the Engage platform?
Yes - A total of 5 transmitters can be linked to each hub. You can buy extra transmitter here.
Does it work on any internet connection?
The system works with the vast majority of internet routers and modems. It simply plugs into the back of your modem / router with a short network cable (supplied). However:
- It does not currently work on NBN Satellite connections due to their high latency.
- It may not work well with 3G/4G mobile broadband connections due to the potential for poor connection stability
Can the Hub store data with no internet connection?
Yes - the latest Efergy Hub (this item) can store data for 2 to 7 days. Data storage varies depending on how many transmitters are communicating with the hub. This means you will have reliable data, even if you have an unreliable internet connection!
How detailed is the usage information?
The usage graphs are very detailed, with the main 'Energy Demand' graph showing usage at a minute-to-minute level. You can even scroll backwards through time to view data from previous days. Using the 'History Usage' chart you can also scroll back and see cumulative totals by hour, day, month and year. See the sample screenshots in the images section.
Where can I find more information on advanced tips and troubleshooting advice?
We've compiled information here for advanced tips and troubleshooting on topics including:
- Re-pairing the display and transmitter together.
- Adjusting the transmitter data rate.
- Improving wireless stability between transmitter & receiver.
What other products are available?
Please see our complete range of wireless energy monitors.