Philips GreenUp Actilume LED High Bay 160W
The Philips GreenUp LED Highbay is a highly efficient and reliable LED highbay. It delivers quality lighting for industrial and other high ceiling facilities. Suits new projects or retrofit, it features good colour rendering and low glare ratings (CRI 85 and UGR 17).
BY550X LED200 - With Inbuilt Sensors
- Active dimming with automated daylight & motion sensing.
- Optionally controllable via this IR remote
- 20,000 lumens 4000K neutral / cool white colour temperature
- Massive 70,000 hour rated life
- 160W of power it can directly replace a 400W metal halide high bay or T5 6x54W to deliver at least 50% energy savings
Versatile, High Quality LED High Bay
The Philips GreenUp LED High Bay uses highest quality components and design features:
- Philips Fortimo LED modules and Philips Xitanium LED driver.
- Integrated G2 Actilume wireless module. Provides connected lighting with daylight sensing, occupancy sensor, and ZigBee wireless communication. Optional IR remote sold separately allows programming and control without 3rd party equipment.
- Unique air convection cooling design. Maximises heat dissipation of the LED modules and driver.
- Low glare (UGR 17) and accurate colour rendition (CRI 85)
- Wide beam angle for a variety of general lighting applications.
- Lightweight (6.3kg). Streamlined (max 77mm thickness) design for easy handling and installation.
- Extendable Lifespan - Rated at 70,000 hours but can reach 100,000 hours if light spends at least 30% of time dimmed down.
Side profile view of Philips GreenUp LED High Bay (77mm at thickest point)
LED High Bay Applications
The GreenUp LED High Bay can be used to replace existing light fittings. Or specify it as your preferred lighting choice in new buildings.
It can be used in a wide variety of applications, including but not limited to:
- Farm Equipment Sheds & Barns
- Workshops & Factories
- Large-format Retail Shops & Showrooms
- Council Depots
- Truck Storage, Bus Depot, Tram & Train Sheds, Aircraft Hangars, etc
- Warehouses & Distribution Centres
- Other high ceiling height applications
Please Note: The GreenUp LED Highbay is not designed for high moisture or high impact environments. In these situations we recommend the Philips GreenPerform LED Highbay. It has a higher IP rating (protection against dust and moisture ingress) as well as a higher IK rating (protection from physical impact).
Brighter Than a 400W Metal Halide High Bay
The table below shows exactly how the Philips GreenUp LED High Bay compares. It achieves higher usable light output than a conventional high bay light while using over 60% less energy.
|Lamp Wattage||400 W||160 W|
|System Consumption||440 W||160 W|
|Initial Lumen Output||32,500 lm||20,000 lm|
|Lumen Maintenance (at 10,000 hours)*||70%||95%|
|Light Output Ratio (LOR)**||60%||100%|
|Actual Usable Light Output||32,500 lm x 70% x 60%
= 13,650 lumens
|20,000 lm x 95% x 100%
= 19,000 lumens
* Lumen Maintenance compares the amount of light produced by a light fitting when it is brand new to the amount of light produced at a specific time in the future. Unlike LED, traditional hi bay lights have particularly poor lumen maintenance (and it gets much worse as time goes on).
** Light Output Ratio is a figure that indicates how much light gets lost inside the light fitting and surrounds. As LED's are highly directional they do not suffer from a poor light output ratio like older lighting technology.
Specifications - Philips GreenUp LED High Bay
|Colour Temperature||4000K (Neutral / Cool White)|
|Beam Angle||70˚ beam|
|Light Output||20,000 lumens|
|Colour Rendering Index (CRI)||85|
|Dimmable||Yes - Multiple dimming control options|
|Dimensions||720mm (length) x 380mm (width) x 77mm (height)|
|Installation||- Comes with clips and cables for typical suspended installation.
- Installation should be completed by an electrician. Comes pre-wired with 600mm 3-core lead.
- Plugging into a power point? Add a 3 pin plug with lead.
|Product Identifiers||BY550X LED200/NW ACW2 IS NB (Product ID); 911401537221 (Philips 12NC); 108733339 (Barcode)|
|Further Documentation||Philips GreenUp LED High Bay - BY550X Datasheet, Presentation (2.2MB), Mounting Instructions (241kb), IES files BY550X|
Frequently Asked Questions
What other options are available?
If you are after a lower wattage or higher IP rating (waterproof) please see the Philips GreenPerform 120W High Bay that we also stock.
Does the GreenUp highbay have connected lighting or intelligent control features?
The BY550X model has integrated Actilume wireless control. This provides integrated wireless control, motion sensing & daylight sensing features.
You can purchase a stand-alone wireless remote here or connect with your own control hardware on the ZigBee protocol.