Philips GreenUp Actilume LED High Bay 160W
Smarter LED Highbay Lighting Delivers Automatic Savings
Warehouse lighting can be power intensive and expensive to run. But old 400W metal halide or fluorescent tubes can now be upgraded to LED highbays for large savings. Philips GreenUp LED Highbay takes savings further with integrated Actilume Wireless Controller. The Actilume system automatically reduces light output based on daylight and motion sensors. This saves power while provides consistent light levels throughout the workday. And if an area is unoccupied the motion sensor will dim the light for further savings. It's features include:
- 20,000 lumens light output
- 160W of power (directly replace a 400W metal halide high bay or T5 6x54W)
- Massive 70,000 hour rated life
- Active dimming with automated daylight & motion sensing.
- Optionally wireless control via this IR remote
How Philips Actilume Works
Each GreenUp Actilume highbay's sensors allow it to cleverly save power right out of the box. Whether you're installing 1 or 100, each unit will respond to the daylight and any motion below it.
For more control, the Actilume equipped highbays can be used with an optional remote. The remote enables commissioning and control of highbays wirelessly. They can be switched, dimmed, grouped into zones, adjusted and calibrated with it. See further details in the commissioning guide.
LED High Bay Applications
The GreenUp LED High Bay can be used to replace existing light fittings. Or specify it as your preferred lighting choice in new buildings. It can be used in a wide variety of applications, including:
- Farm Equipment Sheds & Barns
- Workshops & Factories
- Large-format Retail Shops & Showrooms
- Council Depots
- Truck Storage, Bus Depot, Tram & Train Sheds, Aircraft Hangars, etc
- Warehouses & Distribution Centres
- Other high ceiling height applications
Please Note: The GreenUp LED Highbay is not designed for high moisture or high impact environments. In these situations we recommend the Philips GreenPerform LED Highbay. It has a higher IP rating (protection against dust and moisture ingress) as well as a higher IK rating (protection from physical impact).
Brighter Than a 400W Metal Halide High Bay
The table below shows exactly how the Philips GreenUp LED High Bay compares. It achieves higher usable light output than a conventional high bay light while using over 60% less energy at full brightness.
|Lamp Wattage||400 W||160 W|
|System Consumption||440 W||160 W|
|Initial Lumen Output||32,500 lm||20,000 lm|
|Lumen Maintenance (at 10,000 hours)*||70%||95%|
|Light Output Ratio (LOR)**||60%||100%|
|Actual Usable Light Output||32,500 lm x 70% x 60%
= 13,650 lumens
|20,000 lm x 95% x 100%
= 19,000 lumens
* Lumen Maintenance compares the amount of light produced by a light fitting when it is brand new to the amount of light produced at a specific time in the future. Unlike LED, traditional hi bay lights have particularly poor lumen maintenance (and it gets much worse as time goes on).
** Light Output Ratio is a figure that indicates how much light gets lost inside the light fitting and surrounds. As LED's are highly directional they do not suffer from a poor light output ratio like older lighting technology.
Side profile view of Philips GreenUp LED High Bay (77mm at thickest point)
Specifications - Philips GreenUp LED High Bay
|Colour Temperature||4000K (Neutral / Cool White)|
|Beam Angle||70˚ beam|
|Light Output||20,000 lumens|
|Colour Rendering Index (CRI)||85|
|Dimmable||Yes - multiple options:
- Automatically via motion & daylight sensors
- Manually via Optional Remote
- Via 3rd party hardware on Zigbee Protocol
|Dimensions||720mm (length) x 380mm (width) x 77mm (height)|
|Installation||- Comes with clips and cables for typical suspended installation.
- Installation should be completed by an electrician. Comes pre-wired with 600mm 3-core lead.
- Plugging into a power point? Add a 3 pin plug with lead.
|Product Identifiers||BY550X LED200/NW ACW2 IS NB (Product ID); 911401537221 (Philips 12NC); 108733339 (Barcode)|
|Further Documentation||Philips GreenUp LED High Bay - BY550X Datasheet, Presentation (2.2MB), Mounting Instructions (241kb), IES files BY550X|
Frequently Asked Questions
What other options are available?
If you are after a basic highbay or one with higher IP rating (waterproof) please see the Philips GreenPerform 120W High Bay that we also stock.