Expert Energy Audit & Action Plan
Find out how to slash your power bills with our Expert Energy Audit and Action Plan.
Our Energy Audit service will allow you to:
- Cut through the complexity of high power bills.
- Obtain clear advice on how to reduce energy usage.
- Verify exactly where power is being wasted.
- Help resolve disputes related to energy usage.
- Get frank, unbiased advice.
The benefit of an Energy Audit
We have found that most households and businesses can easily and cost-effectively reduce their energy usage by between 20% and 50%.
This is achieved by a range of measures which can be summarised by:
- Tweaking settings.
- Rectifying billing or metering errors.
- Changing energy usage behaviour.
- Upgrading key equipment and lighting.
- Installing smarter control systems.
- Making better use of the sun's free energy.
In fact, most sites can reduce their energy usage by at least 10% without any further upfront costs.
Sounds easy, right?
Well, it is. But only after you know exactly where your energy usage is going, and what to do about it.
Put simply, this is what our Expert Energy Audit reveals:
- Where your energy usage is going.
- What you can do about it.
Our Energy Audit Services
We have three levels of service based on your site type and report scope. See the drop down menu at the top of this page for pricing:
Home Energy Audit - this includes a ~1.5 hour consultation with you on-site and a brief followup emailed report highlighting the key issues, actions, opportunities, and next steps.
Basic Business Energy Audit - for all organisations after a quick overview assessment identifying the key issues and opportunities at a site. This is a 'Level 1' type audit (see below).
Detailed Business Energy Audit - for properties seeking a comprehensive review of their usage and formal report outlining our findings. This is a 'Level 2' type audit (see below). For a quotation please send us your location and site details.
Energy Audit Locations
Home Energy Audit & Basic Business Energy Audit - we service greater Sydney and the Blue Mountains.
Detailed Business Energy Audit - this service is delivered nationally. We have already completed energy audits at all of the towns and cities shown on the map below. Contact us for a quote.
Locations shown on map: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra, Sunshine Coast, Wollongong, Hobart, Geelong, Townsville, Cairns, Darwin, Toowoomba, Ballarat, Bendigo, Albury, Launceston, Mackay, Rockhampton, Bunbury, Bundaberg, Coffs Harbour, Wagga Wagga, Hervey Bay.
Australian Standards for Energy Audits
Our energy audits are carried out within the guidelines of Australian Standard AS3598. This standard outlines three types or 'levels' of energy audits:
- Type 1 or Level 1 Energy Audit – A basic energy audit with lower technical accuracy but often sufficient at smaller commercial sites and households.
- Type 2 or Level 2 Energy Audit – A more detailed energy audit with good overall accuracy. This includes a detailed on-site inspection of all energy using equipment as well as a more detailed follow-up report.
- Type 3 or Level 3 Energy Audit – A high accuracy energy audit which may involve detailed investigations and sub-system monitoring. Can be time consuming and more costly. Typically only needed where specific, more complex, issues exist.
What does a Energy Audit involve?
As an example, our Detailed Business Energy Audits or 'Level 2' Energy Audits include:
- On-site survey of all energy using equipment.
- Review and data-entry of past energy bills.
- Advice about how to improve energy usage habits.
- Identification of high-energy areas/activities/equipment.
- Recommendations on energy cost reductions.
- Written report with prioritised action and investment plan.
If necessary, or if specifically requested:
- Analysis of electricity meter interval data (where available).
- Review of previous energy audits (if applicable).
- Thermal imaging assessment.
- Energy monitoring, data logging, and/or sub-metering.
Snapshot from a Detailed Energy Audit Report.
Recent Energy Audit Feedback
Great Service! Accurately identified our energy use issues and came up with practical solutions and strategies. Would recommend to anyone trying to manage their energy costs, and that's everyone.
- Allan H. (Home Energy Audit Customer from Sydney, 2017)
Thanks so much for the audit. It will be most helpful in the future and is easily understood. I did not know that our solar inverters were not working properly. Thanks for checking them out.
- Robyn B. (Business Energy Audit Customer from regional NSW, 2018)
Benefit From Our Energy Auditing Experience
We have completed energy audits of over 5,000 households, businesses, community organisations, strata buildings, and government facilities across Australia.
Included below is a list of some of our past energy audit clients and projects:
Community Organisation Energy Audits
- Australian Council of Social Services (numerous sites, Australia-wide)
- St Vincent de Paul Head Office, Hostel and Outreach Centre, Darwin NT
- Community Migrant Resources Centre, Parramatta
- Drummoyne Community Centre
- Swansea District Baptist Church
- St Swithun's Anglican Church
- All Saints Anglican Church
- Roseville Tennis Club, Sydney
- Wisemans Ferry Bowling Club, New South Wales
- Cammeray Marina, Sydney
- Camperdown Golf Club, Victoria
- Petersham Bowling Club, Sydney
Education Energy Audits
- WillowBee Childcare Centres, Sydney
- Blue Mountains Childcare Centres (various)
- Kids Korner, Tuggerah
- St Fiacre's Primary School, Leichhardt
- St Michael's Primary School, Stanmore
- St Pius' Primary School, Enmore
- Leura Public School
- Sunnybank Hills State School
- Pymble Ladies College
- James Ann College, Eastwood
- Tuggerah Lakes Community College
- Hunters Hill Council Buildings, NSW
- Tangentyere Council Buildings, Alice Springs, Northern Territory
- Blue Mountains City Council, NSW
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority (numerous sites, Australia-wide)
Healthcare Energy Audits
- North Lakes Day Hospital, Brisbane Queensland
- Medi7 Medical Centres, Melbourne Victoria (multiple sites)
- Kanwal Medical Centre
- Lucy Chieng Nursing Home, Hurstville NSW
- Marion Nursing Home, Parramatta
- Mercy Community Care, Perth WA
- Crows Nest Health Centre
- Five Dock Physiotherapy Centre
- Sydney City Chiropractic
Hospitality Energy Audits
- Babel Restaurant
- Bluewater Cafe
- Club Kebab
- Cremorne Point Manor
- Hillview Motel, Goulburn
- Hong Kong Seafood Restaurant
- La Vigne Bakery
- Michel's Patisserie
- Pizza Hut
- Rainbow Sushi Train
- Sydney Backpackers
- Thai Yindee Kitchen
- Tina's Bakery
- Tropicana Cafe
- Urban Bites
Manufacturing & Industrial
- Norris Industries, Caves Beach
- International Animal Health Products, Wetherill Park
- Mistletoe Winery, Pokolbin
- Worssell & Co, Carole Park
- MCM Fram & Truss, St Marys
- Athlete's Foot
- Blockbuster Video
- Bubblegum Clothing
- Cincotta Chemists
- City Convenience Store
- Cut Price Variety
- Diamond World Jewellers
- Discount Shoe Warehouse
- Discount Party Warehouse
- Exclusive Meats
- Gordon Asian Grocery
- Guildford Newsagency
- Hills Halal Butchery
- Homewares & Gifts
- Hot Dollar
- Hot Price
- House 2 Home
- Howard's Storage World
- IGA Supermarkets
- MFC Supermarkets
- Network Video
- Northmead Plaza Quality Meats
- Penny's Quality Butchers
- Smart Street Pharmacy
- Soul Pattinson
- Tile Direct
- Video Ezy
- Accountable Tax Solutions
- Ark Veterinary
- Aubrey Brown Partners
- Breakaway Travel Club
- Budget Petrol
- Chill Mobile Coolrooms
- Fitness Forum Health Club
- Gells Lawyers
- Hassarati Smash Repairs
- James Legal
- LJH Commercial Central Coast
- Nurses Now
- Plus Fitness 24/7
- Richardson & Wrench
- Solgen Energy
- Sovereign Inns
- Synergy Strata
- Tate's Tyres
- Western Truck & Trailer Repairs
- Windsor Auto Spares
Strata Energy Audits
- Westminster Apartments, West Ryde NSW
- Paddington Green, Paddington
- Hibiscus Gardens Resort and Spa, Port Douglas, QLD
- Precision Apartments, St Leonards
- Hall St, Bondi Beach
- Regent St, Redfern