LED Dimmer Switches
- Diginet Rotary LED Dimmer $49.95 AUD
- Diginet Rotary LED Dimmer With On/Off Switch $74.95 AUD
- Philips Hue Dimmer Switch Wall Plate & Remote $34.95 AUD
LED Dimmers - Optimised For LED Lights
LED lights are more complicated to dim than conventional incandescent and halogen light bulbs. Many people have encountered flickering or other disturbances from poor quality LED lights or incompatible dimmer switches.
It is for this reason that we only sell:
- High quality dimmable LED lights from reputable brands. Brands such as Philips and Osram have invested a lot into ensuring their dimmable lights work with the broadest possible range of dimmer switches.
- Specifically optimised LED dimmer switches. Our Diginet dimmers have several unique features and work well with both conventional and LED lights. Our Philips Hue dimmer is an easy-to-install (DIY) dimming solution for use with Philips Hue Smart Lights.
In addition to careful brand and product selection, we also test all of the products we sell. This includes testing our dimmable LED lights on the above led dimmers.
What is a Trailing Edge Dimmer or Leading Edge Dimmer?
Most mainstream dimmer switches employ phase cutting technology to achieve dimming. They work by cutting off part of the mains voltage waveform to vary the average (or 'RMS') voltage fed to the lamp. The brightness of the light can therefore be controlled by increasing or decreasing the voltage.
There are two ways to modify the mains voltage: either at the beginning of the sine wave or at the end. A dimmer where such 'cutting off' is done at the beginning is called a leading edge dimmer. And a dimmer where the 'cutting off' is done towards the end of the sine wave is called a trailing edge dimmer.
What is a Universal Dimmer Switch?
A universal dimmer is designed to work on all main types of lighting, including LED. In that sense, the above Diginet dimmers can be called universal dimmers. Here is a summary table of compatible lighting load types for the MEDM and MMDM/RT LED dimmers:
|Lighting Load Type||Maximum Load (Wattage)|
|Dimmable LED Lights / Drivers||400W|
|Incandescent / 240V Halogen||350W|
|Dimmable Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs)||400W|
See all LED Dimmer Switches.