Philips Master LED MR16 (GU5.3) 7W Dimmable
Top quality MR16 halogen downlight replacement
The Philips Master LED MR16 7 Watt is a direct replacement for all 'low voltage' downlights.
Here's why we think it's the best retro-fit bulb on the market:
- Same brightness as 50 Watt halogens (85%+ energy savings).
- Works in both dimmable and non-dimmable fittings.
- Designed to work with existing transformers.
- You can replace them yourself - no electrician required.
Step 1 - Choose your preferred colour
- 2700K - a true warm white (just like a halogen)
- 3000K - a slightly whiter and brighter * Most Popular *
- 4000K - a cool white (more like a fluro tube)
Colour temperature: see the drop-down menu at the top of this page to make your choice.
Step 2 - Select the best beam angle
- 60˚ (wide beam) - for regular ceilings or where lights are spaced further apart * Most Popular *
- 36˚ (narrow beam) - for high ceilings or where lights are close together
Beam angle: see the drop-down menu at the top of this page to make your selection.
An MR16 LED from a brand that you can trust
There are many MR16 LED's on the market that simply do not deliver. They result in short lifetime, poor colour options, and transformer problems, to name just a few.
Here's what one of our customers had to say:
"I have tried some other LED bulbs from Bunnings, Masters and Kogan and had trouble with flickering etc. The Philips bulbs you supplied me are great: no flicker, bright light better than the halogens they replaced. Thanks."
- Craig (Queensland)
You can find many more customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Just swap the downlight bulb - no electrician required
Once your Philips Master LED's have arrived, all you need to do is swap the globes.
These lights will work with your existing fittings, dimmer switches, and transformers. In very rare cases they may not work properly with some transformer + dimmer combinations. If this happens, please see our troubleshooting advice in the 'FAQ' section below.
Latest model Philips MR16 LED now in stock!
Don't waste your money on the old model still being offloaded by other retailers. The newest model (that we sell) has a lower profile and even higher light output than the previous versions.
'New Model' now available in all variants!
The new model which we stock no longer has a protrusion off the front. As such, the black colour is no longer visible once in the light fitting. Furthermore, it has a higher colour rendition index (CRI) of 90, compared to 80 on some older models. A higher CRI means they produce a much higher quality of light.
Specifications - Dimmable MR16 LED 7W
|Fitting Type||GU5.3, MR16|
|Power Consumption||7 Watts (equivalent to 35W/50W halogen)|
|Lifetime||40,000 hours (rated for 25 years)|
|Colour Temperature||2700K (warm white), 3000K (warm white) or 4000K (cool white)|
|Beam Angle||36˚ or 60°|
|Light Output||500 lm (2700K & 3000K), 530 lm (4000K)|
|Colour Rendering Index||90 (latest stock)|
|Dimensions||50.5mm (width) x 46.5mm (depth)|
|Installation||Retrofit, self install.|
|Product Identifiers||Philips MASTER LED 7-50W 927 / 930 / 940 MR16 36D / 60D Dim, 500 to 530 lm; 929001880108, 929001880408, 929001880208, 929001880508, 929001880308, 929001880608 (Order codes); 8718696825600, 8718696673348, 8718696825624, 8718696812396, 8718696825648 (Barcodes).|
|Further Documentation||Spec Sheets: 2700K / 60˚, 3000K / 60˚, 4000K / 60˚ (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Will it work on non-dimmable circuits?
Yes, it works on both dimmable and non-dimmable circuits (with and without dimmers installed).
Will the MR16 LED work with my transformer?
Yes, it works with the vast majority of existing transformers (old and new).
Will the MR16 LED work with my dimmer?
Yes, it has very wide dimmer compatibility. Should there be a problem with your dimmer, there are several solutions available, such as:
- Leaving one halogen bulb in the circuit to bring up the load, or
- Using the 'Clipsal Load Correction Device' for Clipsal dimmers, or
- Replacing the dimmer with one that is known to work with LEDs (such as this LED Dimmer), or
- Removing the dimmer switch.
Does the Master MR16 work with C-Bus systems?
We've received good feedback from customers using the Master 7W on their C-Bus wired homes & businesses. But there's a wide variety of cbus dimmers & system designs so you may wish to try a few globes first before undertaking a full upgrade.
How do I calculate light spread?
Here's how to calculate the light spread diameter at floor level (in metres) for any ceiling height:
- 36 degree bulb: ceiling height (in metres) x 0.650
- 60 degree bulb: ceiling height (in metres) x 1.155
Will it fit in my existing downlight fitting?
Yes, in fact we have not found an MR16 fitting that it does not fit into!
Do you have a complete list of old part numbers?
As there have been about six generations of this product, it is a little hard to provide a complete list. You can rest-assured that we only carry the very latest stock. See current part numbers in the specs table above.
'Old Model' (90 CRI / small protrusion): MASTER LED 7W 927 / 930 / 940 MR16 36D / 60D Dim, 420 to 460 lm; 929001153149, 929001153249, 929001153349, 929001153449, 929001153549, 929001153649 (Order codes); 8718696673348, 8718696673461, 8718696673409, 8718696673485, 8718696489918, 8718696673508 (Barcodes).
'Old Model' (80 CRI): MASTER LEDspotLV 7W MR16 Dim AU; 929001153119, 929001153219, 929001153319, 929001153419, 929001153519, 929001153619 (Order codes).
What other options and upgrades are available?
Related products include:
- Philips MR16 LED 5W bulb - has the appearance of an old halogen downlight (glass globe, non-dimmable).
- Osram Tri-Colour LED downlight fixture - ideal for a complete upgrade and improved insulation around your light fittings.
- Replacement Verbatim LED transformer.
- Diginet LED dimmer for optimal dimmer performance.