Osram T8 LED Tube 16W with Sensor - 4 Foot (1200mm)
Maximise Energy Savings in Low Occupancy Areas
The Osram LED Motion Sensor Tube is a new energy saving replacement for 4 Foot T8 fluorescent tubes. See also: 600mm LED Sensor Tube.
It is an ideal lighting solution for areas such as car-parks, corridors and storage areas.
- Full brightness when movement detected, dropping to 30% at all other times.
- In-built microwave motion sensor - more effective than PIR sensors.
- Includes replacement starter (so you can install yourself).
- Works in all fitting types, including those with a diffuser!
An Ideal Solution for 'Always On' Lighting
In the past, motion sensor lighting systems were expensive and complex to install. Take car-parks for example, how do you place sensors in all areas so people don't accidentally get left in the dark? [Answer: you can't]
The Osram LED Sensor Tube addresses this issue by including a sensor in every LED tube. This way lights are only on at full brightness in occupied areas. Also, they are not vulnerable to a single point of failure, and are super easy to install.
Furthermore, when no motion is detected, they do not turn off completely. They remain in standby (sensing) mode and still emit 30% of their total light output.
Save up to $90 per year, for every tube replaced
Compared to fluro tubes, this LED sensor tube will reduce energy usage by over 90%. Here's how:
- Old T8 Fluorescent Tube 36W plus 9W in the ballast (45W). Total = 1.08 kWh/day.
- New Sensor LED Tube 16W (eg. 1 hour per day) and 3W in standby. Total = 0.085 kWh/day.
- That's over 90% energy saving!
Annual operating cost of 24/7 lighting options.
Installation guide - 4 Foot (1200mm) LED Fluro Tube with Sensor
The Osram LED Motion Sensor Tube is easy to install in your existing T8 light fixtures. There are two main types of fluorescent light fittings:
1) Magnetic ballast fittings - with starters. These are the most common fitting type. Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! Magnetic ballast fittings are identifiable by the fact they have starters present.
Easy installation for any fitting with a starter.
2) Electronic ballast fittings - no starters. Unlike the example shown above, these fittings do not have a starter. These units will require an electrician to 'wire out' the existing ballast. Fittings without starters that switch on instantly (no flicker) are generally electronic ballast.
Specifications - 1200mm '4ft' LED Tube with Microwave Motion Sensor
|Fitting Type||Glass T8 tube / G13 connector|
|Power Consumption||16 Watts (when on at full brightness) and 3 Watts (standby mode at 30% brightness)|
|Operating Description||- Stays on as long as motion detected, then goes to 30% brightness standby mode after 30 seconds of no movement
- Sensor range is up to approx 12m
|Voltage||100-240 V AC 50-60Hz|
|Colour Temperature||4000K (Cool White) or 6500K (Daylight)|
|Colour Code||840 or 865|
|Light Output||1600 lumen|
|Dimmable||Not suitable for use on dimmer circuits|
|Dimensions||1213mm (total length including pins) x 28mm (wide)|
|Installation||Self install (includes replacement starter) or consult an electrician.|
|Product Identifiers||Barcode: 4058075067035, 4058075055612; Name: Osram Ledvance LED STAR+ Motion Sensor Tube ST8S-1.2M 16W / 840(4000K) / 865(6500K) 230V EM 25X1 APM OSRAM|
|Further Notes||- Single end power supply, safety fuse in supplied LED starter.
- Spec Sheet & Install Guide (PDF)
Motion sensing detection range for Osram LED Star+ tube: