SPECIAL PRICE! See our new 'Carton of 25' bulk pack discount. Need an LED tube without a motion sensor? See all LED Tubes.
Maximise Energy Savings in Low Occupancy Areas
The Osram LED Motion Sensor Tube is a new energy saving replacement for always-on 4 Foot T8 fluorescent tubes. It dims down to low brightness when no one is around. See also: 600mm LED Sensor Tube.
It is an ideal lighting solution for areas such as car parks, corridors and storage areas.
- Full brightness when movement detected, dropping to 30% at all other times.
- In-built microwave motion sensor - more effective than PIR sensors.
- Includes replacement starter (so you can install yourself).
- Works in all fitting types, including those with a diffuser!
- Price includes 1200mm LED Tube with sensor and LED starter.
Use the drop-down menu at the top of this page to choose between 4000K Cool White and 6500K Daylight.
An Ideal Solution for 'Always On' Lighting
In the past, motion sensor lighting systems were expensive and complex to install. Take car-parks for example, how do you place sensors in all areas so people don't accidentally get left in the dark? [Answer: you can't]
The Osram LED Sensor Tube addresses this issue by including a sensor in every LED tube. This way lights are only on at full brightness in occupied areas. Also, they are not vulnerable to a single point of failure, and are super easy to install.
Furthermore, when no motion is detected, they do not turn off completely. They remain in standby (sensing) mode and still emit 30% of their total light output.
Save up to $90 per year, for every tube replaced
Compared to fluro tubes, this LED sensor tube will reduce energy usage by over 90%. Here's how:
- Old T8 Fluorescent Tube 36W plus 9W in the ballast (45W). Total = 1.08 kWh/day.
- New Sensor LED Tube 16W (eg. 1 hour per day) and 3W in standby. Total = 0.085 kWh/day.
- That's over 90% energy saving!
Annual operating cost of 24/7 lighting options.
Installation guide - 4 Foot (1200mm) LED Fluro Tube with Sensor
The Osram LED Motion Sensor Tube is easy to install in your existing T8 light fixtures. There are two main types of fluorescent light fittings:
1) Magnetic ballast fittings - with starters. These are the most common fitting type. Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! Magnetic ballast fittings are identifiable by the fact they have starters present.
Easy installation for any fitting with a starter.
2) Electronic ballast fittings - no starters. Unlike the example shown above, these fittings do not have a starter. These units will require an electrician to 'wire out' the existing ballast. Fittings without starters that switch on instantly (no flicker) are generally electronic ballast.
Specifications - Osram 1200mm '4ft' LED Tube with Microwave Motion Sensor
|Glass T8 tube / G13 connector
|16 Watts (when on at full brightness) and 3 Watts (standby mode at 30% brightness)
|Stays on as long as motion is detected. Goes into standby mode (reduced brightness) after 30 seconds of no movement. Microwave sensor range is up to approx 12m
|220-240 V AC 50-60Hz
|4000K (Cool White) or 6500K (Daylight)
|840 or 865
|Dimmable / Sensor Override Option
|No / No
|1213mm (total length including pins) x 28mm (wide)
|Self install (includes replacement starter) or consult an electrician.
|Product Name: Osram Ledvance LED STAR+ Motion Sensor Tube ST8S-1.2M 16W / 840(4000K) / 865(6500K) 230V EM 25X1 APM OSRAM
|Single end power supply, safety fuse in supplied LED starter. Spec Sheet & Install Guide (PDF)
Motion sensing detection range for Osram LED Star+ tube:
We have 3 Carparks in 3 buildings which we have now replaced all the LED Tubes with the above.Working well and now look forward to the Power savings.Order arrived within 3 days.Only 1 tube broken.
Hi Stephen, Sounds like a great carpark upgrade. We can refund or replace the broken tube from your multi-carton order, just let us know your preference.
My older parents have to step up in the dark of their garage in order to turn on the light. These sensor tubes are a brilliant fix to make things safer
LED fluro with sensor. Works great
Reduction Revolution deliver was fast and efficient in delivery and immediately refunded for shipping breakage a fragile item.
Good product, very bright
Do not need to turn on the lights when parking at garage during middle of the night anymore. Highly recommended.
Bought 5. The first one installed had a sensor problem and was replaced. The ones in use now work fine. Useful for garages and kitchens where you have lots of action to keep the tube lit
No good for sitting and dining rooms where it may go dark in the midst of a meal or a conversation with little movements to keep the sensor happy.
We replaced our standard fluorescent tubes with these recently. They are working well up to date. Just one tube broken in transit of 75 purchased.
My order initially arrived with the tubes broken in transit. Reduction Revolution were fantastic at getting a replacement out to me.
The tubes sensor is really quick and sensitive but the dim setting is still quite bright. I'd guess they could dim down below 10% (rather than 30%) without any concerns to cut energy consumption further.