FLIR E5, E6 or E8 XT Thermal Camera + Bonus Items
Order Today & Receive: Latest FLIR XT stock with all accessories plus a Car Charger & Carry Pouch (worth $100). Order an E8-XT and you'll also receive a spare battery & charger (worth $300).
The FLIR Ex-XT Series is a feature-packed range of point-and-shoot Thermal Imaging Cameras.
- Easy to use - just like a digital camera, only far more impressive.
- Accurate - measure up to 550˚C, sensitivity down to just 0.05˚C.
- Visual Camera - easily review your work.
- MSX - unique thermal image enhancement technology.
- WiFi - new wifi enabled range.
Professional Thermal Imaging Cameras
We stock the complete FLIR Ex range with the latest XT series cameras. We are here to provide the right advice on your thermal imaging needs and also offer:
FLIR Ex Series - Feature Comparison & Pricing
|Model||FLIR E5-XT||FLIR E6-XT||FLIR E8-XT|
|Prices (ex GST)||$2,150||$3150||$4,695|
|Thermal resolution (pixels)||160 x 120 (19,200)||240 x 180 (43,200)||320 x 240 (76,800)|
|IR Sample (zoomed in)|
|Image modes||Thermal MSX®, thermal only, and visual only|
|Picture-in-picture||Yes, thermal within visual
|Measurement modes||Centre Spot, Area Min/Max & Isotherm Above/Below|
|Wi-Fi||Wireless Connectivity to Smartphones, Tablets and more|
|MSX||320 x 240 pixels|
|Field of View (FOV)||45˚ x 34˚ - focus free|
|Screen||3 inch 320 x 240 colour LCD|
|Range||-20˚C to 400˚C||-20˚C to 550˚C|
|Accuracy||±2% or 2°C|
|Storage||Internal memory stores at least 500 image sets (IR, visual and MSX)|
|Warranty||10 Year Detector / 5 Year Battery / 2 Years Parts & Labour|
|Specs||Download the complete
FLIR Ex Data-sheet (PDF) and
FLIR Ex Users Manual (PDF).
What's the new XT?
FLIR recently improved their longstanding EX range. This is signified by 'XT' in the model names. The XT update includes increased thermal resolution, temperature span & temperature sensitivity. Full details:
Old E5 → New E5-XT
- 77% greater thermal resolution (now 19,200 pixels)
- 50% larger temperature span (now -20°C to +400°C)
Old E6 → New E6-XT
- Over twice the thermal resolution (now 43,200 pixels)
- More than double the temperature range (now -20°C to +550°C)
Old E8 → New E8-XT
- 16% temperature sensitivity improvement (now down to 0.05°C)
- Twice the temperature span (now -20°C to +550°C)
Crystal Clear Thermal Images
In the age of megapixel digital cameras, the resolution of thermal imaging cameras can seem rather low. Thermal cameras are renowned for producing rather 'grainy' images like that on the left below.
Thankfully, the FLIR Ex Series incorporates FLIR's Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging or 'MSX' technology. This effectively merges a higher-resolution regular image with the thermal image. The result is a much clearer thermal image than competing products with the same specifications.
Sample Thermal Camera Images
The main difference between the FLIR E5-XT, FLIR E6-XT and FLIR E8-XT cameras is their thermal resolution. The images below give you some idea of what you can achieve with the different thermal imaging cameras.
FLIR E5 XT sample image of electrical fuses. We often recommend the FLIR E5-XT for electricians. In fact, we hire out the FLIR E5-XT if you'd like to 'try before you buy'.
FLIR E6 XT sample image of a window frame and building cladding. If you can afford it, the FLIR E6-XT is a great all-round thermal camera. We'd recommend it for more detailed building inspection and rectification work.
FLIR E8 XT sample image of an electrical transformer. We recommend the FLIR E8-XT where you require a more detailed result, or if you simply want to make sure you have the best-in-range.
Please note: these sample images are annotated with ˚F but don't worry: the models we sell all default to ˚C.
Everything You Need Is Included
Each FLIR Ex-Series camera ships with the following additional items:
- Sturdy carry case.
- Power supply/charger with three power plugs (AU, UK, EU).
- Rechargeable lithium battery.
- Printed documentation including calibration certificate.
- USB data / charging cable.
Easily Generate Professional Reports
You can either:
- Download the images just like you would on a normal digital camera and create your own reports, or
- Use the FLIR Tools software's inbuilt PDF report template to generate basic reports. This free version can be downloaded here: FLIR Tools for PC or Mac (Zip files, click for direct download).
- View an example report by clicking the image on the right. For advanced report options choose FLIR Tools Plus.