LED Filament Bulbs & Pendant Lights
- Osram LED Filament Bulb E27 Edison Screw $5.95 AUD
- Osram LED Filament Bulb B22 Bayonet Cap $5.95 AUD
- Osram LED Candle Bulb E14 4W Filament $7.95 AUD
- Osram LED Candle Bulb B22 Filament $5.95 AUD
- Osram LED Filament G125 Bulb E27 7.5W Dimmable $17.95 AUD
- Osram LED Filament ST64 Bulb E27 7.5W Dimmable $17.95 AUD
What is an LED Filament Light Bulb?
LED filament light bulbs mimic the look of vintage incandescent globes.
Small LED components are connected in a series of strings inside the LED filament bulb. When lit, these resemble the warm glow of a carbon filament or tungsten filament bulb.
LED filament bulbs have a warm incandescent, almost flame or candle-like glow. This is particularly the case for globes with an 'amber' or 'gold' finish. These globes have a colour temperature as low as warm white 2000K.
Advantages of LED filament bulbs include:
- Up to 90% energy savings compared to retro filament globes.
- Longer lamp lifetime.
- Cool operating temperature.
Decorative Filament Lighting
LED filament bulbs provide an ideal solution for decorative lighting applications. You'll often find them in shops, cafes, clubs, bars and restaurants to create a warm ambience.
Decorative lighting applications often require lights to be dimmable. If you need a dimmable filament light, make sure you choose an option with 'dimmable' in the title.
Decorative LED filament lights include:
- A60 - regular light bulb shape.
- ST58 or ST64 bulb - larger pear-shaped bulb.
- G120 or G125 globe - a 'large round' light bulb.
Pendant Lighting With Filament Globes
Another popular use for LED carbon filament lamps is in pendant light fittings. Gold or black pendant lights are often used over kitchen islands or dining tables. Pendant lights can also be used as bedside lamps.
Filament bulbs are also known as 'vintage light bulbs' and 'retro light bulbs'.