This fan heater is sturdy and well made, creates an even heat across the loungeroom. Most importantly, this is a quiet unit, whereas my Dyson is noisy in comparison. - Andrew Sporle (Verified Buyer)
A Better Quality Fan Heater
The Vornado VMH350 is a high-quality portable electric room heater. It has several unique features that make it a better choice when compared to other electric heaters. These features include:
- Metal Construction - solid build and cool to touch.
- Energy Efficient - two heating levels, thermostat controlled, and optional auto-off timers.
- Ultra Safe - automated overheat protection, automatic cool-down process, and tip-over detection.
- Easy Storage - includes an integrated power cord storage and carry handle.
- Button or Remote - control all heater functions from the buttons on the unit or the included remote control.
- 5 Year Warranty - official Vornado Australia five year replacement warranty is included in our price.
The Vornado VMH350 is a discrete and effective whole room air heater.
Vornado Heater Energy-Saving Features
Here's why we think the Vornado is a sensible heating choice:
2 Heat Settings + Fan Only. The Vornado VMH350 has three operating modes: low heat (750W), high heat (1,500W), and fan only (20W). These appropriate heat settings mean the Vornado heater is up to 65% cheaper to operate than other electric heaters.
Automated Climate Control. The Vornado VMH350 automatically switches on and off to maintain your desired room temperature. You can set the thermostat on the Vornado heater anywhere between 15˚C and 32˚C. For a good balance between efficiency and comfort, we recommend a setting of between 18˚C and 20˚C.
1 to 12 Hour Auto-Off Timer. Electric heaters are often costly to operate because they get left on for too long or left on in unoccupied rooms. The Vornado heater helps prevent energy wastage with an easy-to-set countdown timer.
2 Digital Displays. You can check the current temperature with a glance across your room. The top display shows the current temperature, heat level, and whether the timer is active. The front display shows the temperature and if the timer is active.
Vornado Air Circulation Technology. This Vornado fan heater is noticeably quieter and more effective than others we have tested. In a matter of minutes, it quickly warms the air in a small room like a bedroom, bathroom, or study. In larger areas, like a living room, it gradually adds heat to the room by circulating warm air throughout the space.
Specifications - Vornado Heater VMH350
|Power Usage||750W (low), 1500W (high) or 20W (fan only)
|Power Plug||Australia / New Zealand 3-pin plug with 1.8m power cord|
|Thermostat||Settable from 15˚C to 32˚C in 1˚C increments|
|Timer||Settable from 1 to 12 hours in 1hr increments|
|Remote Control||Yes (battery included)|
|Dimensions||30cm (height) x 24cm (depth) x 23cm (width)|
|Installation||Self-install / portable product with integrated carry handle|
|Product Identifiers||Vornado VMH-350; 043765014448|
|Safety Features||Cool touch surface, finger-friendly grill (small gaps), auto-shutoff, earthed heavy-duty power cord, excess power cord storage tray, auto tip-over protection.|
||Brochure (PDF) & Manual (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What other energy-efficient heaters do you recommend?
This Vornado heater works best when used in conjunction with other effective heaters.
For example, in a study or work area, you can take the chill out of the air with this heater (set to say 18˚C) and then add a foot mat heater under your desk. The combined effect means more comfort at a substantially reduced cost than a conventional electric room heater.
How does this heater save on heating costs compared to other electric heaters?
The above examples, where we are suggesting the use of 'more heaters' may seem counter-intuitive, but here's how it works:
- The Vornado VMH350 set to a low but sensible temperature may draw an average of 500W (on 'high' cutting in about one-third of the time). If you add to this a heated foot mat using 100W, you have a total power draw of 600W to heat a room.
- Contrast this with a conventional oil column heater which may draw a reasonably constant 1800W. The power usage is much higher, all the hot air goes straight up, and your feet are probably still cold!
I like the 2 power settings and the fan only options.
Excellent product 👌