Philips Tri Colour LED Downlight 14W Dimmable (150mm Cutout)
An LED Upgrade for Large Diameter Downlights
The Philips SmartBright LED downlight suits all '6 Inch' (approx 150mm) ceiling lighting cut outs. These are commonly found in office, retail and commercial fitouts.
- Bright - 1,200 lumens using just 14 watts.
- Dimmable - with many existing dimmers and new LED dimmers.
- Tri-Colour Switch - select between warm white (3000K), cool white (4300K) or daylight (6500K) on the back of the fitting.
- 150mm / 6 Inch Size - suits 145-160mm ceiling cutouts.
- IP44 face & IC-4 rated - suits all areas including bathrooms, laundries and kitchens. Can be abutted & covered with ceiling insulation.
Old downlight (left), replaced with Philips LED (right)
Change High Maintenance PL Downlights to Philips LED
Commercial lighting often includes circular recessed and reflector fittings. These can include compact fluorescent (CFL/PLC), halogen or HID lights. All of these bulbs require frequent lamp replacement and are far less efficient than LED. Upgrading has a number of benefits:
- Efficient - Over 50% power savings over typical 2x13W PL setups.
- Long life - 30,000 hour rating, maintenance free.
- Easy to install - pre-wired with 1.2m power cable and 2-pin plug.
- Flexible - set colour temperature on site to match existing lighting or meet occupant requirements.
Quick and easy to install, following these steps:
- Check existing cutout dimensions or cut a 150mm hole (refer to diagram below).
- Select preferred colour temperature at the switch and connect the 2-pin plug.
- Fold the spring clips back and slide the light through the cut out.
Specifications - Philips SmartBright Tri Colour LED Downlight 14W Dimmable (150mm Cut Out)
|Voltage||220-240 V (50/60Hz)|
|Colour Temperature||User switchable between: 3000K (warm white), 4300K (neutral / cool white), 6500K (daylight).|
|Light Output||1200 lumens|
|Beam Angle||Approx 150˚|
|Dimmable||Yes - leading and trailing edge dimmers (down to 10% depending on dimmer). See Diginet MEDM.|
|IC Rating||IC4 rated - can fully cover with insulation|
|IP Rating||IP44 front (splash proof), IP20 back|
|Dimensions||182mm (width) x 64mm (depth) - suits 150mm applications (145-160mm cutout)|
|Housing Material||Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT)|
|Installation||Self install. Comes pre-wired with flex lead and 2-pin power plug.|
|Product Identifiers||Manufacturers Description: DN029B-2 LED12/CCT PSR-E D150 CAU; Product Code: 911401713872; Barcode: 8710163317182|
|Further Documentation||Spec sheet (PDF), Installation Guide (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What wattage existing light fittings does it replace?
It can replace common circular reflector fittings housing a variety of bulbs such as:
- 1 x 26W PLC
- 2 x 13W PLC
- 1 x 18W PLC
- 50-100W halogen