Osram Gimbal LED Downlight Dimmable
ON SALE! See All Special Offers.
Tilt Adjustable LED Downlight
The Osram Gimbal LED downlight makes it easy to get light exactly where you want it. They're perfect for sloped, raked, vaulted or cathedral type ceilings. They come pre-wired with a lead and plug for quick installation.
- Swivel the light up to 30˚ in any direction.
- Two options for 70mm or 90mm ceiling cutouts.
- Choose Warm White 3000K or Neutral White 4000K.
- 80% energy savings vs halogen.
- 30,000 hour rating & 3 year warranty.
- Dimmable - compatible with most existing AC dimmers.
Choose from Warm White (3000K) or Cool / Neutral White (4000K).
Dimmable Gimbal LED Downlight
Need to brighten a dark corner, throw light on a wall or painting, or instal a light fitting on a sloping roof? The Osram Gimbal downlight can be aimed ±30˚ from the centre. It has a 60˚ light beam and a precision TIR (total internal reflection) lens. This means it can deliver uniform brightness without scattering light or producing glare.
Replace Downlights with 70mm or 90mm Cut Out Size
Old MR16 or GU10 halogen downlights are power hungry, typically using 35-50 watts. They also produce lots of heat and rarely last more than 5,000 hours. The Osram Gimbal LED downlight uses 80% less power and is designed to last 6 times longer. You can upgrade old lights and fixtures by bulb power rating and ceiling cutout diameter:
- Old 20W or 35W halogen in 70mm ceiling cutout - select Osram Gimbal 7W LED
- Old 35W or 50W halogen in 90mm ceiling cutout - select Osram Gimbal 10W LED
Specifications - Osram LED SUPERSTAR Gimble Downlight
|Power Consumption||7 watts (70mm cut out version)
10 watts (90mm cut out version)
|Voltage||220-240V AC, 50Hz|
|Connection||2 pin mains power plug on 1.2m lead|
|Protection||IC-4 (fully coverable with insulation)|
|Colour Temperature||Warm White 3000K or Neutral White 4000K|
|Beam Adjustment||Swivels 30˚ in either direction from centre.|
|Light Output||630 lumens (70mm version)
920 lumens (90mm version)
7W downlight (suits 70-75mm ceiling cutouts):
Face diameter: 85mm
Body diameter: 65mm
Total height: 64.5mm
10W downlight (suits 80-95mm ceiling cutouts):
Face diameter: 105mm
Body diameter: 79.5mm
Total height: 71.5mm
|Weight||220 grams (70mm version)
280 grams (90mm version)
|Material||Thermal Plastic PA46 body, polycarbonate lens|
|Colour||White face (RAL9003)|
|Product Identifiers||Manufacturers Description: GIMBLE DLLEDPERF60X 70MM/90MM 7W/10W 830/840; Model Number: LDV-SSDL-7WGMB-3K, 7WGMB-4K, 10WGMB-3K, 10WGMB-4K; Barcode: 4058075132399, 4058075132436, 4058075132375, 4058075132412.|
|Further Documentation||Spec Sheet (PDF)|
Osram Gimbal LED Downlight Dimensions: 7W and 10W Options
Frequently Asked Questions
Can they be covered with insulation?
Yes, these Gimbal LED downlights have an IC4 rating. This means they can be 'abutted and covered' with insulation. This, in turn, minimises heat loss through your ceiling so you can save on heating & cooling.
So is it a Gimble or a Gimbal?
It seems to depend on who you ask. In the context of LED down lights, they're the same thing!
What do the 70mm and 90mm ceiling cutout sizes mean?
Looking at downlight size descriptions and diagram measurements can be confusing. But the lights are actually built to be quite flexible & fit many applications. This is because they have a large diameter face (fascia) and much narrower body. This is ideal as ceiling holes aren't always cut out perfectly.
- The 7 watt unit will fit in a ceiling hole larger than 65mm diameter. The face will cover a hole smaller than 85mm across. Ideal ceiling hole size is 70-75mm.
- The 10 watt unit will fit a ceiling hole larger than 79.5mm diameter. The face will cover a hole smaller than 105mm across. Ideal ceiling hole size is 85-95mm.
What other LED downlights are available?
We have a large range of LED downlight options including:
Osram Tri Colour 90mm integrated LED fitting.
- Philips Step Dim 90mm complete fixture (no wall dimmer needed).
- Direct retrofit LED MR16 and GU10 globes.
- MR11, AR111, large diameter (150-200mm) and more.
Who is Ledvance?
Ledvance is the new name for Osram, a German lighting brand. All light fittings from the company are now being branded as 'LEDVANCE' whereas their light globes are still branded as 'OSRAM'.