FLIR ONE Pro iOS Thermal Camera for iPhone
The iPhone Thermal Camera
The FLIR ONE Pro turns any compatible iPhone into a high-performance thermal imaging camera. It even works with the iPod Touch and any iPad model with a lightning connector.
The FLIR ONE Pro is ideal for DIY enthusiasts. It's also suitable for use as an entry-level thermal camera for professionals and tradies.
- Capture high-quality thermal images and thermal video (at 1080p).
- It uses FLIR's latest Lepton thermal detector, which has four times the resolution of the original FLIR ONE.
- The FLIR ONE Pro has a built-in battery, which means you won't drain your phone battery while using it.
Don't have an iPhone? See the Android Thermal Camara.
FLIR ONE Pro for iPhone uses a lightning connector.
The Latest & Best FLIR ONE Pro
This is FLIR's highest-spec third-generation device with numerous improvements over the previous FLIR ONE product. The FLIR ONE Pro features the following:
- 160 x 120 thermal sensor with 'VividIR' and 'MSX' image enhancements (more on this below).
- 1440 x 1080 HD stored image resolution.
- Measures temperatures from -40˚C all the way up to 400 °C.
- Adjustable height Lightning connector - so you can leave your iPhone case in place.
- The reversible Apple iPhone Lightning connector lets you position the camera front or back facing.
The FLIR ONE Pro produces superior images to any other smartphone thermal imaging camera attachment.
FLIR One Pro Compatibility
In short, Apple phones and tablets with a Lightning connector running iOS 13.0 or iPadOS 13.0 or later are compatible. Here are the full compatibility details:
iPhones - all models from iPhone 6 to the latest. This includes popular phones like the iPhone 8, X, XS, XR, SE (both), iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 12, 12 Pro, Etc.
iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini & iPad Pro with Lightning Connector. This includes most models from the last five years. Note: The newest iPad Pros and Air with USB-C connector are not compatible.
iPod Touch - 6th and 7th Generation. That's any version from 2015 onwards running iOS 13.0 are compatible. The iPod Touch base model combined with the FLIR ONE Pro gets you a standalone thermal camera for under $1,000.
Don't use Apple products? See the Android USB-C FLIR One Pro.
FLIR ONE Pro App Features
FLIR's patented image enhancement technology ensures the FLIR ONE Pro records images of the highest possible quality. Both 'Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging' (MSX) and 'VividIR' give your images more detail and clarity than a raw thermal image.
Here are some of the other features of the FLIR ONE App, all accessible for free with the FLIR ONE Pro:
- Save thermal images straight to the app or to your phone’s image library.
- Take thermal videos with audio.
- Edit captured images by changing the colour palette, add annotations, and more.
- Add up to three 'spot meters' as well as a 'hot spot' and 'cold spot' indicator to each image.
- Share thermal pictures via text message or email, straight from your iPhone.
- Create professional PDF reports using the accompanying (and also free) FLIR Tools iPhone App.
Sample screenshots from the new FLIR ONE Pro iOS App.
Specifications - FLIR ONE Pro Thermal Camera iPhone
|Compatibility||Apple iOS phones and tablets with a Lightning connector running iOS 13.0 or iPadOS 13.0 or later.|
|Temperature Range||-40˚C to 400˚C (available as two settings: -40˚C to 120˚C, or 0˚C to 400˚C)|
|Thermal Resolution||160 x 120 pixels|
|Visual Resolution (MSX & VividIR)||1440 x 1080 pixels|
|Focus||Fixed 15cm - Infinity|
|Field of View||55° x 43°|
|Battery Life||1 hour of usage (charges in 40 mins)|
|File Formats||Still images - radiometric jpeg
Video - MPEG-4 (1080 HD)
|Dimensions||68mm x 34mm x14mm|
|Mechanical Shock||1.8m drop test|
|Emissivity Settings||Matte: 0.95, Semi-Matte: 0.80, Semi-Glossy: 0.60, Glossy: 0.30. Reflected background temperature is 22°C|
|Product Identifiers||FLIR ONE Pro Gen3 iOS International - 435-0006-03, 812462024094|
|Further Documentation||FLIR ONE Pro Data-sheet (PDF), User Guide (PDF)|
FLIR One Pro with included USB charging cable and compact carry case.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far can you see with a FLIR ONE Pro?
The FLIR ONE Pro has an 'infinite' focal distance which means you can see very far into the distance. As a rule of thumb, you can see about 50 metres with some accuracy. Objects further away may still be visible but at a lower measurement accuracy.
Will it drain my phone battery?
No. Power for the FLIR ONE Pro is provided by an internal rechargeable battery.
Will it fit in my pocket?
Yes. See the dimensions and weight in the specifications table above. It even comes with a handy carry pouch for extra protection.
Can I see through things like walls or clothes?
Thermal vision is not x-ray vision, but it can sometimes seem like it!
This is because surface temperature can be affected by things behind or under the surface. For example, under certain conditions, the surface temperature of a wall can be subtly influenced by the wooden studs behind it. This allows you to see the location of the studs behind the wall without actually looking through the wall.
What other thermal imaging cameras do you sell?
If you require different specifications, we encourage you to check out one of our other thermal imaging cameras.