The Android Thermal Camera
The FLIR ONE Pro turns any compatible android smartphone or tablet into a high-tech thermal camera. Its USB-C connector plugs into most Android smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy series, Google Pixel, OPPO, and more.
This Android thermal camera is ideal for DIY enthusiasts. It's also suitable for use as an entry-level thermal imager for professionals and tradies.
- Capture high-quality thermal images and HD (1080p) thermal video.
- It uses FLIR's latest Lepton thermal detector, which has four times the resolution of the original FLIR ONE.
- The built-in battery means you won't drain your phone battery while using it.
FLIR ONE Pro for Android connected to the Samsung S21 via USB Type C. Don't use Android? See the iPhone Thermal Camara.
3rd Generation Smartphone Thermal Camera
This is FLIR's highest-spec third-generation device with numerous improvements over the previous FLIR ONE product. The camera attachment features the following:
- 160 x 120 thermal sensor with 'VividIR' and 'MSX' image enhancements (more on this below).
- 1440 x 1080 HD stored image resolution.
- Measures temperatures from -40˚C all the way up to 400 °C.
- Adjustable height USB-C connector - so you can leave your phone case in place.
- The reversible USB-C connector lets you position the camera front or back facing.
The FLIR ONE Pro produces superior images to any other smartphone thermal imaging camera attachment.
Android Compatibility Information
- USB-C connector.
- Android Version 9.0 or newer.
- If present, the app also makes use of GPS, Location, OTG USB, Flashlight, and Microphone.
Compatible Devices Include:
- Samsung - Galaxy S7, S8, S8+, S9, S9+, S10e, S10, S20, S21, A5/A8, Note 9, Tab S4, A7
- Google - Pixel 3, Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 6P
- Huawei - 20 Pro, P20 Lite, P30 Pro
- HTC - HTC 10, One M8
- Motorola - Z3 Play
- One Plus - 6T, 8 Pro
- LG - G6, V40 ThinQ
The above is not an exhaustive list - it's just a sample.
Not sure if it'll work with your device?
Download and install the FLIR ONE app. If it works, and your Android phone has a USB-C connector, then you should have no issues. Rest assured that if for some reason it does not work with your device, just let us know so we can arrange a return.
Please Note: Apple iPad Pro with USB-C and iPad Air with USB-C do not work with the FLIR ONE Pro with USB-C connector.
Don't have an Android device? See the FLIR ONE Pro for iPhone.
FLIR ONE Thermal Camera App Features
FLIR's patented image enhancement technology ensures you only record images of the highest possible quality. Both 'Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging' (MSX) and 'VividIR' give your images more detail and clarity than a raw thermal image.
Here are some of the other features of the free FLIR ONE App:
- Save thermal images straight to the app or to your phone’s image library.
- Take thermal videos with audio.
- Edit captured images by changing the colour palette, add annotations, and more.
- Add up to three 'spot meters' as well as a 'hot spot' and 'cold spot' indicator to each image.
- Share thermal pictures via text message or email, straight from your phone.
- Create professional PDF reports using the accompanying (and also free) FLIR Tools Android App.
Sample screenshots from the FLIR ONE Android App.
Specifications - FLIR ONE Pro Thermal Camera Android
|Compatibility||Android (USB-C) running Android 9.0 or later|
|Temperature Range||-40˚C to 400˚C (available as two settings: -40˚C to 120˚C, or 0˚C to 400˚C)|
|Thermal Resolution||160 x 120 pixels|
|Visual Resolution (MSX & VividIR)||1440 x 1080 pixels|
|Focus||Fixed 15cm - Infinity|
|Field of View||55° x 43°|
|Battery Life||1 hour of usage (charges in 40 mins)|
|File Formats||Still images - radiometric jpeg
Video - MPEG-4 (1080 HD)
|Dimensions||68mm x 34mm x 14mm|
|Mechanical Shock||1.8m drop test|
|Emissivity Settings||Matte: 0.95, Semi-Matte: 0.80, Semi-Glossy: 0.60, Glossy: 0.30. Reflected background temperature is 22°C|
|Product Identifiers||FLIR ONE Pro Android USB-C International (435-0007-03, 812462024155)|
|Further Documentation||Data-sheet (PDF), User Guide (PDF)|
FLIR's android thermal camera with included USB charging cable and case.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far can you see with it?
The FLIR ONE Pro has an 'infinite' focal distance which means you can see very far into the distance. As a rule of thumb, you can see about 50 metres with some accuracy. Objects further away may still be visible but at a lower measurement accuracy.
Will it drain my phone battery?
No. Power is provided by an internal rechargeable battery.
Will it fit in my pocket?
Yes. See the dimensions and weight in the specifications table above. It even comes with a handy carry pouch for extra protection.
Can I see through things like walls or clothes?
Thermal vision is not x-ray vision, but it can sometimes seem like it!
This is because surface temperature can be affected by things behind or under the surface. For example, under certain conditions, the surface temperature of a wall can be subtly influenced by the wooden studs behind it. This allows you to see the location of the studs behind the wall without actually looking through the wall.
How can I be sure I have a USB-C connector?
USB-C is fast becoming the standard connector for all non-Apple smartphones. It replaced the older Micro-USB connector which does not have rounded edges. The USB-C connector looks like this: