The Android Thermal Camera
The FLIR ONE Pro turns any compatible android smartphone or tablet into a high-tech thermal camera. Its USB-C connector plugs into most Android smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy series, Google Pixel, OPPO, and more.
This Android thermal camera is ideal for DIY enthusiasts. It's also suitable as an entry-level thermal imager for professionals and tradies.
- Capture high-quality thermal images and HD (1080p) thermal video.
- It uses FLIR's latest Lepton thermal detector, which has four times the resolution of the original FLIR ONE.
- The built-in battery means you won't drain your phone battery while using it.
FLIR ONE Pro for Android connected to the Samsung S21 via USB Type C. See all FLIR ONE thermal cameras for more connection options.
3rd Generation Smartphone Thermal Camera
This is FLIR's highest-spec third-generation device with numerous improvements over the previous FLIR ONE product. The camera attachment features the following:
- 160 x 120 thermal sensor with 'VividIR' and 'MSX' image enhancements (more on this below).
- 1440 x 1080 HD stored image resolution.
- Measures temperatures from -40˚C all the way up to 400 °C.
- Adjustable height USB-C connector - so you can leave your phone case in place.
- The reversible USB-C connector lets you position the camera front or back facing.
The FLIR ONE Pro produces superior images to any other smartphone thermal imaging camera attachment.
Android Compatibility Information
- USB-C connector.
- Android Version 9.0 or newer.
- If present, the app also makes use of GPS, Location, OTG USB, Flashlight, and Microphone.
Compatible Devices Include:
- Samsung - Galaxy S8, S8+, S9, S9+, S10e, S10, S20, S21, S22, A5/A8, Note 9, Tab S4, A7
- Google - Pixel 3, Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 6P
- Huawei - 20 Pro, P20 Lite, P30 Pro
- HTC - HTC 10, One M8
- Motorola - Z3 Play
- One Plus - 6T, 8 Pro
- LG - G6, V40 ThinQ
The above is not an exhaustive list - it's just a sample.
Not sure if it'll work with your device?
Download and install the FLIR ONE app. If it works, and your Android phone has a USB-C connector, then you should have no issues. Rest assured that if it does not work with your device, just let us know so we can arrange a return.
Please Note: Apple iPhone 15 and 15 Pro, iPad Pro with USB-C and iPad Air with USB-C do not work with the FLIR ONE Pro with USB-C connector. For these devices, we recommend the wireless FLIR ONE Edge Pro.
FLIR ONE Thermal Camera App Features
FLIR's patented image enhancement technology ensures you only record images of the highest possible quality. Both 'Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging' (MSX) and 'VividIR' give your images more detail and clarity than a raw thermal image.
Here are some of the other features of the free FLIR ONE App:
- Save thermal images straight to the app or to your phone’s image library.
- Take thermal videos with audio.
- Edit captured images by changing the colour palette, add annotations, and more.
- Add up to three 'spot meters' as well as a 'hot spot' and 'cold spot' indicator to each image.
- Share thermal pictures via text message or email, straight from your phone.
- Create professional PDF reports using the accompanying (and also free) FLIR Tools Android App.
Sample screenshots from the FLIR ONE Android App.
Specifications - FLIR ONE Pro Thermal Camera Android
|Android (USB-C) running Android 9.0 or later
|-40˚C to 400˚C (available as two settings: -40˚C to 120˚C, or 0˚C to 400˚C)
|160 x 120 pixels
|Visual Resolution (MSX & VividIR)
|1440 x 1080 pixels
|Fixed 15cm - Infinity
|Field of View
|55° x 43°
|1 hour of usage (charges in 40 mins)
|Still images - radiometric jpeg
Video - MPEG-4 (1080 HD)
|68mm x 34mm x 14mm
|1.8m drop test
|Matte: 0.95, Semi-Matte: 0.80, Semi-Glossy: 0.60, Glossy: 0.30. Reflected background temperature is 22°C
|FLIR ONE Pro Android USB-C International (435-0007-03, 812462024155)
|Datasheet (PDF), User Guide (PDF)
FLIR's android thermal camera with included USB charging cable and case.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far can you see with it?
The FLIR ONE Pro has an 'infinite' focal distance which means you can see very far into the distance. As a rule of thumb, you can see about 50 metres with some accuracy. Objects further away may still be visible but at a lower measurement accuracy.
Will it drain my phone battery?
No. Power is provided by an internal rechargeable battery.
Will it fit in my pocket?
Yes. See the dimensions and weight in the specifications table above. It even comes with a handy carry pouch for extra protection.
Can I see through things like walls or clothes?
Thermal vision is not x-ray vision, but it can sometimes seem like it!
This is because surface temperature can be affected by things behind or under the surface. For example, under certain conditions, the surface temperature of a wall can be subtly influenced by the wooden studs behind it. This allows you to see the location of the studs behind the wall without actually looking through the wall.
How can I be sure I have a USB-C connector?
USB-C is now the standard for most new Android smartphones. It replaced the older Micro-USB connector which does not have rounded edges. The USB-C connector looks like this:
What other thermal imaging cameras do you sell?
FLIR ONE Pro USB-C Thermal Camera for Android
Flir tools app will not work
Hi Elie, FLIR appears to be updating both 'FLIR ONE' (the main app) and 'FLIR Tools Mobile' for Android. Is there a particular feature of FLIR tools you need that the FLIR ONE app does not have?
Purchased the FLIR ONE Pro to help diagnose issues with the house insulation. Easy setup and user friendly tools. Helped find issues with the insulation above my kitchen which hadn't been reset correctly after getting downlights installed.
As a bonus, it also showed an old DVD player that was producing heat unexpectedly - turns out it had failed to shutdown but was still using power. Also found an old power point with a built in surge protector that had gone faulty, giving off a lot of heat.
I am amazed at the accuracy and quality of the flir one pro usb c as an electronic tech this helps with finding short circuits and faults with electronic circuits. I love it. The dual camera also helps with identifying densely populated circuits and the photos allows for journaling my work for future reference.
FLIR ONE Pro USB-C Thermal Camera for Android