Vornado Energy Smart DC Floor Fan
Powerful, Quiet & Efficient Fan
The Vornado Energy Smart 633DC air circulator is a high-quality medium-sized floor fan. It's perfect for bedrooms, lounge rooms or at work.
- Uses up to 80% less energy than regular AC fans, including the Vornado 633 and Vornado 660 (non-DC models).
- Comes with a standard power plug and lead.
- Moves air up to 24 metres.
- Variable speed dial for full control of airflow, noise, and power consumption.
- Practically silent operation on lower speed settings.
We sell the Vornado 633DC (pictured on the left), not to be confused with the sometimes cheaper but poorer performing Vornado 633 and Vornado 660 (pictured on the right).
Vornado 633DC vs Vornado 633 & Vornado 660
If you're confused by the Vornado range - you're not alone. We exclusively sell the Vornado Energy Smart DC fans only. They're better than the AC models in three key ways:
- They use substantially less power, so they cost way less to operate.
- They are much quieter at low and medium speeds. At low speeds, they are practically silent.
- They have a fully variable speed dial, rather than just three of four discrete speed settings on the AC models.
Vornado 633 - Now With DC Motor
The Vornado 633DC features include:
- Efficient DC motor technology - uses between 2 watts of power (400 RPM) and 40 watts on max (1,800 RPM).
- Whole room air circulation - see graphic below.
- Quality guaranteed - backed by a 5 year Australian warranty.
Unlike regular floor fans, this Vornado floor fan will provide whole room air circulation. They call the resulting tornado like airflow "Vortex Action."
“An inlet guide cone directs air to the most efficient portion of the blades. In turn, the wide, heavily contoured blades churn the air into motion. The air then travels through a duct which sculpts the air into a column shape. As the air exits the Air Circulator, Vornado’s AirTensity™ Grill straightens the airflow to ensure the air travels long distances. The airflow column will spin and twirl to the opposite corner hitting the wall where it will split off and recirculate to the centre of the room.” - Vornado Air
It's a bit heavy on marketing jargon - but the point is: it works.
A Floor Fan With Precise Control
With the Vornado 633DC’s precise speed control, just the right level of airflow or noise can be set.
Whether it's on all day in your office or all night in your bedroom, the energy savings really add up. The Vornado 633DC provides useful airflow with as little as 5 to 10 watts of power. This is far less than the 30 watts (or more) used by typical AC fans on their lowest setting.
Pet owners find this Vornado fan useful too. Twist the speed control dial to cool pets down or keep insects from pestering them while they sleep.
The Vornado DC Floor Fan is both effective and unobtrusive.
Specifications - Vornado 633DC Floor Fan
|Power Usage||2 - 40 watts|
|Power Supply||The floor fan comes with a standard AU/NZ power plug (240 V AC). Internal motor runs off 24 V DC.|
|Fan Speed Control||Rotary dial (infinitely adjustable)|
|Noise||30 - 58 decibels|
|Dimensions||34.9 x 30.5 x 22.0 cm (H x W x D)
23.0 cm - blade diameter
23.8 cm - grill diameter
|Connection||2 metre cord with 2 pin plug|
|Product Identifiers||Vornado 633DC Energy Smart Small Air Circulator; 043765012833 (Barcode). Energy-efficient alternative to Vornado 633 or Vornado 660.|
|Further Documentation||Energy Smart Series Brochure (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What other Vornado fans do you offer?
Vornado makes a wide range of fans but few use highly efficient DC motors. They are the Energy Smart series and we stock the full Australian lineup including:
- Vornado 533 DC - Small air circulator
- Vornado 633 DC - Medium air circulator (this model)
- Vornado 683 DC - DC Pedestal Fan
The Vornado range of Energy Smart Fans.
Are they easy to clean?
Vornado fans have a detachable grill making it easy to clean the blades.
Is it adjustable? Do they oscillate?
Yes, the tilt angle of the fan is adjustable. But they do not oscillate from side to side. They're designed to circulate air throughout the entire room from a fixed position.
Does the 633DC come in black?
No - this energy-saving fan is only available in white. We do sell some black ceiling fans if you're interested.