Digitech Remote Controlled Power Socket Set (3 Pack)
Remote controlled power outlets allow you to wirelessly control your appliances from a convenient location.
- Configurable - Switch individual appliances on or off, or switch a group together.
- Wireless - Each remote can switch up to four power points (or groups) even in hard to reach locations.
- Energy Saving - Easily switch any appliances off when not in use to reduce power consumption.
- Scalable - Purchase multiple kits and link all sockets to one remote, or use multiple remotes.
How Remote Controlled Electrical Sockets Work
The kit comes with three remote controlled sockets and one remote. By allowing you to turn appliances off with the touch of a button, it helps you save electricity, time, and money.
Keep the remote control in a convenient place, or stick it to the wall next to a light switch. That way you'll remember to use it and maximise your energy savings.
Here are a few example applications:
- Keep your TV and entertainment centre completely switched off when not in use.
- Switch off your internet modem & WiFi router as you leave the house.
- Turn off the office water cooler at night and over the weekend.
- Control bedside lamps or any device with a hard-to-reach power socket.
- Switch off plug-in office ceiling lights without the need to re-wire anything.
Remote Controlled Power Sockets - Specifications
|Plug Type||Standard 10A Australia / New Zealand 3-pin plug & socket|
240 V AC (50 Hz)
|Power Range||0 - 2,400W (10 Amp)|
|Socket Dimensions||95mm x 52mm x 60mm (height x width x depth)|
|Controller Dimensions||115mm x 40mm x 20mm (height x width x depth)|
|Weight||95g (each socket), 41g (remote control)|
|Operating Power||1W standby load|
|Remote Range||Approx. 30m|
2 x AAA 1.5V
Remote Controlled 3 Outlet Mains Controller (description); MS6147 (part number); 9319236706688 (barcode). Note: We previously sold a similar item RCS-4-AUS, RC-19AU, Efergy Remote Controlled Socket, 4897037690290.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install the Remote Controlled Socket?
Installation is easy:
- Insert the batteries into the remote control.
- Plug one of the sockets into a mains outlet, the LED light will flash red.
- Select and press one of the ON switches from A,B,C, and D on the remote control.
- The LED will then stop flashing. The socket is now paired to this ON switch on the remote.
- You can now remotely control the socket and any appliance connected to it.
- Repeat this process for the other sockets selecting a different ON button on the remote for each different socket.
How many sockets can I fit on a common wall outlet?
One. The socket is slightly too wide for two units to fit side-by-side on many common Australian & NZ dual wall outlets. However, you can fit one with room to continue using the second socket as pictured below. You can also plug in the sockets into a multi-socket power board.