Tap Aerator Insert / Flow Restrictor
A simple fix to curb water & energy wastage
These tap aerators are a simple insert for your existing tap fixtures. They will reduce basin water usage (and associated hot water costs) by up to 70%.
- Restricts the flow of water from your tap without reducing water pressure.
- Comes with a replacement washer.
- Fits any regular 'M22' or 'M24' aerator housing (22 to 24mm diameter).
- Use our tap aerator spanner tool if required.
Choose your tap aerator flow-rate
Use the drop-down menu to choose from 2, 4, 6 or 9 litres per minute. For reference, regular taps are generally over 9 litres per minute, so whichever option you choose you'll be making savings!
- 2 litres per minute - for public bathrooms or where maximum water savings are desired.
- 4 litres per minute - suitable for household bathrooms.
- 6 litres per minute - for kitchens and laundries (lower flow rate).
- 9 litres per minute - for kitchens and laundries (higher flow rate).
Tap Aerator Installation
Installation of your new water efficient tap aerator is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Unscrew the existing aerator housing and remove your existing aerator (and washers).
- Assemble your new aerator by placing the insert and new washer (included) into the housing.
- Clean the thread on your tap.
- Screw your new aerator on and hand-tighten.
For scratch free installation we recommend using this tap aerator spanner tool.
Here's a YouTube video showing the above process (American installer, but it's just the same here!):
Set, forget and save
Unlike so many other energy and water efficiency actions, this is one that you don't have to 'remember' to use. Once it's installed, that's it... you don't need to re-educate your whole household or office on what to do. The tap aerator regulates the water flow and makes the savings for you.
These tap aerators work with your existing tap-ware. All you need is an existing aerator housing (it's part of your existing faucet). The housings typically 2.4cm in diameter and can have a either a male or female thread.
The Flow-Less and replacement washer fit inside these aerator housings.
Specifications - Tap Aerator Insert / Water Flow Restrictor
|Flow Rate||2, 4, 6, or 9 litres per minute|
|Existing Taps||8 to 15 litres per minute|
|Colour||Green = 2 litres per minute
Yellow = 4 litres per minute
Red = 6 litres per minute
White = 9 litres per minute
Note: You cannot see these colours once installed - this is just so you can tell them apart during installation!
|Dimensions||- Approx 20mm (diameter) by 15mm (high) - see images section for precise dimensions.
- Fits in existing aerator housings of 22mm or 24mm width with either male or female thread.
|Weight||3 grams (including washer)|
|Installation||Self install or ask a plumber - use a spanner tool if needed|
What other sizes are available?
We have regular stock of the standard size "M24" aerator found in most tap fittings across Australia. But we can also order in some other sizes. For options please see the images section (final image) which shows the exact sizes of other tap aerators designated as M18, M20 and M22. Please note we can only do custom orders for 100+ aerators.