Efergy Elite Wireless Energy Monitor
The Efergy Elite Classic Wireless Energy Monitor is the world's best selling in-home energy display (with over 500,000 units sold). Here's why:
- Suitable for both single and three-phase households - see drop down menu above.
- Simple and easy to use - shows both "real time" and historical energy usage and cost (over days, weeks, and months).
- Apart from energy usage, the portable display screen also shows time, temperature and humidity.
- Optional alarm function sounds an alarm (and flashes red) when a pre-set power usage level is exceeded.
Efergy Elite Home Energy Monitor - How it Works
The Efergy Elite home energy monitor has the following key components:
- Display Screen - Sits inside your home so you can easily keep track of your energy usage (needs 3 x AA batteries).
- Wireless Transmitter - This goes inside your meter box and is also battery powered (needs 3 x AA batteries).
- CT Sensor Clamp(s) - These plug into the transmitter and measure the power usage. We'll send you 1 clamp for single phase or 3 clamps for three phase.
The Efergy Elite Display Screen (left), Transmitter (middle), and Sensor Clamp (right)
Efergy Elite - Installation Guide
In many cases the sensor clamp(s) can be fitted at the front of your meter board. It's a quick (5 minute) job for an electrician to fit them behind the board if necessary.
The image below shows a "behind the board" single phase installation. In this case the clamp was installed behind the board as there was not enough room available above the main service fuse on the front side.
Circular image on the right shows the sensor clamp placed around the main supply cable behind the board. The presence of a single black 'service fuse' indicates a single phase installation. Three phase properties have 3 of these service fuses.
Got Solar Panels? See our Engage Hub for Solar.
Got a "Smart" or Digital Electricity Meter? See our Smart Meter Monitor.
Specifications - Efergy Elite Home Energy Monitor
|Voltage Range||110V - 300V AC|
|Measurement Range||50mA - 70A (12W to 16.8kW)|
|Transmitter Range||Up to 70m (uses 433.5MHz)|
|Accuracy||Typically within ±10% (see test results) - use a 'sub meter' if higher accuracy required for metering purposes.|
|Three Phase Compatible||Yes|
|Data Download||No - see other options|
|Key Measurements||"Energy Now" - shows kW (to 3 decimal places), Cost per hour or day, KgCO2 per or hour or day, time, temperature, humidity. "History" - shows average and total daily, weekly, and monthly kWh usage, cost, and KgCO2. Stores 1 year of data.|
|Power Supply||The Screen & Transmitter requires 3 x AA batteries each (not included). The screen can also be powered by a 5V DC supply (not included).|
|Dimensions||- Screen: 78 x 117 x 32mm
- Transmitter: 107 x 63 x 31mm (plus 3 short leads for the clamps)
- Clamp: 42 x 27 x 27mm (10mm internal diameter) plus 1m lead
|Weight||- Screen: 214g (with batteries)
- Transmitter: 140g (with batteries)
- Clamp: 55g
|Product Identifiers||Efergy Elite Classic (Model), FW No. 4.0 (Version), 4897037690030 (Barcode)|
|Further Documentation||Efergy Elite Manual (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
What items will I receive with my order?
|Single Phase||1 x Elite Display Screen
1 x Wireless Transmitter
1 x CT Sensor Clamp
|Three Phase||1 x Elite Display Screen
1 x Wireless Transmitter
3 x CT Sensor Clamps
How can I tell if I have Single Phase or Three Phase?
At your electricity meter board, take a look at the 'Main Switch.' Using the image below as a guide you should be able to see which type you have.
Single phase (single pole) main switch on left vs. three phase (three pole) main switch on right. Still confused? See our blog.
How much data does it store?
The Efergy Elite stores data for 12 months. Using the history plus backwards and forwards buttons you can scroll through the last 7 days daily history, the last four weeks weekly history, and the last 12 months monthly history.
Can I place the sensor clamp around the white lead to a plug-in appliance?
No - Wireless energy monitors do not work on regular power leads like an extension cord. This is because they need to clamp around the active cable only at your meter board. You might like to check out our range of 'plug-in power meters' to measure individual appliances such as portable air conditioners.
Can I see the usage from each individual phase (3 phase version)?
No - The transmitter sums up its total usage and reports this as one channel of data. So whether you buy the single phase (1 clamp) or 3 phase (3 clamps) version, you will still get one (total) reading from the transmitter.
Can extra transmitters be linked to the Efergy Elite display screen?
No - The display screen only shows one channel (ie. one transmitter) of data. If you want to track multiple channels (transmitters) of data use the Efergy Engage Hub.
Can I use this monitor in conjunction with the Efergy Engage Hub & Can I use this monitor if I have solar power?
Yes - The transmitters and other components in the Efergy range are all cross compatible with each other. A popular set-up uses:
- 1 x Efergy Elite (this product) - to track and display household usage on the display screen.
- 1 x Efergy Engage Hub - to track both household usage and solar power production on the online login.
Please Note: if you have solar power please review the installation guidance on the solar energy monitor page before ordering the above two items.
Where can I find more information on advanced tips and troubleshooting advice?
We've compiled information here for advanced tips and troubleshooting on topics including:
- Re-pairing the display and transmitter together.
- Adjusting the transmitter data rate.
- Improving wireless stability between transmitter & receiver.