NEW! See our Eco Friendly Christmas Gift Ideas.
HeaterMate Plug-in Thermostat
Accurately control room temperature & save energy
The majority of electric heaters and many window air-conditioners lack the ability to correctly sense and control the actual room temperature.
Unlike heater or air-conditioners thermostats, the HeaterMate measures the actual room temperature and precisely controls it by turning the appliance ON and OFF at the powerpoint.
Here's how the HeaterMate works:
It is now well known that every 1˚C of unnecessary heating adds around 10% to your heating bills. The reverse is true for cooling. In our experience electric heating is a primary driver of high electricity bills.
- Simultaneously displays current room temperature and set temperature.
- Digital thermometer function in stand-by.
- Back-up battery allows setting it out of mains socket and stores set point.
- Easy room temperature setting by pressing UP and DOWN buttons.
- Can be used to control heater in winter and air-conditioner or fans in summer
- Colour LED status indicator: Red = Controlled Unit is OFF. Green = Controlled Unit is ON
Specifications - HeaterMate
|Power Consumption||Less than 1 Watt|
|Power Plug||Australia / New Zealand plug|
|Operating Temperature||0°C ~ 40°C|
|Dimensions||108mm (H) x 60mm (W) x 68mm (D) including plug|
|Installation||Self install / portable product|
|Product Identifiers||TH-810T (Model), 9396243899138 (Barcode), N29542 and SAA120136EA (electrical approval numbers)|
|Further Documentation||HeaterMate Manual (1.8MB)|
Frequently Asked Questions
My heater draws up to 2,500W - can I use the HeaterMate?
It is not recommended that you use the HeaterMate on heaters that draw more than 2,300W. So you can still use it on a 2,500W heater, but only if a lower heat mode or setting is selected.
My HeaterMate has an issue - what can I do?
If your HeaterMate has a problem, please go through the following test sequence. If you can't make it through to the end please contact us and let us know at which step the fault is occurring.
- Plug HeaterMate into power.
- Push reset button with a tip of a pen or the like - RED LED will flash once.
- After a couple of seconds HeaterMate will display the current room temperature (for example, 20.8˚C) and the snowflake sign. If it displays the flame sign go to step 5 (your HeaterMate has Heating mode as default).
- Press Up, then press Power button and hold them both for 3 seconds – the snowflake sign will be replaced by the flame sign (the unit is now set for Heating).
- Press Power button – RED LED light will come on and both the current room temperature and SET temperature will be displayed.
- By pressing Up button increase SET temperature to be at least 3 degrees above the room temperature (for example, if the current room temperature is 20.8˚C increase SET temperature to 24˚C).
- Wait 60 seconds - the RED LED light will turn GREEN. Heatermate is now providing power in its front socket.
- Plug a heater or any other appliance into Heatermate socket to make sure that it is powered.