FLIR TG165 Spot Thermal Camera with Free Case
The FLIR TG165 is our cheapest thermal imaging camera (relative to the rest of the FLIR range). It can be used for a wide range of applications including electrical, mechanical and automotive. It is also known as an "Imaging IR Thermometer".
- Point and shoot - use it to scan and save thermal images of just about anything.
- Wide measurement range - measure between -25˚C and 380˚C, with a measurement resolution of 0.1˚C.
- Rugged design - designed for a 2 meter drop test.
FLIR TG165 Specifications
IR Temperature Measurement Specs
- Accuracy: +/- 1.5% or 1.5°C
- Range: -25 to 380°C, -13 to 716°F
- Emissivity: 4 Pre-Set Levels with Custom Adjustment, 0.1 to 0.99
- Distance to Spot Ratio: 24:1
- Resolution: 0.1 °C / °F
- Response Time: 150 Milliseconds
- Spectral Response: 8 to 14μm
- Lasers: Dual diverging lasers which frames the temperature measurement area
Thermal Imaging Specs
- Detector: FLIR Lepton™ Microbolometer Focal Plane Array (FPA)
- Shutter: Integrated Automatic Shutter
- Image Resolution: 4,800 Pixels (80 high x 60 wide)
- Field of View: 50° high x 38.6° wide
- Thermal Sensitivity: 150mK
- Frame Rate: 9 Hz
- Colour Palettes: 2 (Grey Scale, Hot Iron)
- Image Format: Bitmap (BMP) Image with Temperature and Emissivity (see samples below)
FLIR TG165 General Specs
- Size: 186mm high x 55mm wide x 94mm deep
- Display: 2in TFT LCD with 38,720 Pixels (176 high x 220 wide)
- Battery: Rechargeable via Micro USB Lithium-ion Battery 3.7V, 2600mAh
- Battery Life: 8 Hours Continuous Usage
- Certifications: CE / CB / FCC / FDA
- Memory: 8Gb Micro SD Card
- Operating Temperature: -10 to 45°C
- Drop Test: Designed for 2 Meter, 6.5 Feet
- Tripod Mount: 1/4 in - 20 on Handle Bottom
- Warranty: 2 Years Product, and 10 Years Thermal Imaging Detector when registered within 60 days of purchase.
- Includes: Lanyard, USB Cable, International Charger (US, UK, EU, AU, CN) 8 Gb Micro SD Card, Technical Documentation.
Sample Thermal Images
A number of sample images from the FLIR TG165 are shown below.
How the FLIR TG165 differs from other FLIR Thermal Imaging Cameras
The FLIR TG165 described on this page is a new low-cost, entry-level thermal imaging camera.
It differs in a number of ways to the professional FLIR thermal cameras, most notably:
- It is much much cheaper!
- It has a lower thermal resolution at 80 x 60 pixels.
- There is no visual camera or MSX technology (see FLIR Ex and FLIR Exx for what we mean).
- Saved images are not radiometric which means you can only record the one spot temperature on the stored image (whereas with the other cameras you can use the FLIR Tools software to inspect other areas of the image even after they have been taken).
Despite these key differences, the FLIR TG165 is ideal for many applications, particularly those which were previously made out of reach by the higher prices of the main FLIR range.