Verbatim Standard T8 LED Tube 18W - 4 Foot (1200mm)
Order now to secure our best ever price on 1200mm LED Tubes!
Easily replace fluorescent tubes with LED
The Verbatim LED Tube is a cost-effective replacement for your existing fluorescent lighting.
- Reduces energy consumption by up to 60%.
- Designed to operate for 30,000 hours.
- No electrician required in most cases - install it yourself (see guide below).
Fits all standard T8 light fittings '4 foot' (~1.2m) in length. This item replaces regular 36W fluoro tubes with an 18W LED.
Reduce T8 'fluro' tube energy usage by 60%
Regular T8 fluorescent lamps consume 36 Watts of power with a further ~9 Watts lost in the magnetic ballast. As a result, total power consumption per lamp is actually around 45 Watts.
The Verbatim T8 LED tube, consumes just 18 Watts in total. That's an energy saving of up to 60%.
This translates into an electricity cost saving of about $30 per year, for every tube upgraded. This example assumes 12 hours per day operation and an electricity tariff of $0.25/kWh.
Installation guide - 4 Foot (1200mm) LED Fluoro Tube
There are two main types of fluorescent light fittings in existing buildings:
1) Magnetic ballast fittings - with starters. These are the most common fitting type. Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! Magnetic ballast fittings are identifiable by the fact they have starters present.
Easy installation for any fitting with a starter.
2) Electronic ballast fittings - no starters. Unlike the example shown above, these fittings do not have a starter. These units will require an electrician to 'wire out' the existing ballast. Fittings without starters that come on instantly generally have an electronic ballast.
Specifications - Verbatim 4 Foot LED Tube
|Fitting Type||T8 tube / G13 connector|
|Power Consumption||18 Watts (replace 36W tube)|
|Voltage||100-265 V AC|
|Colour Temperature||4000K ('cool white') or 6500K ('daylight')|
|Colour Codes||840 or 865|
|Light Output||1800 lumen|
|Dimensions||1,212mm (total length including pins) x 27.5mm (wide)|
|Installation||Self install or consult an electrician.|
|Product Identifiers||65324, 65325 (Order codes); 6943760253245, 6943760253252 (Barcodes)|
Spec Sheets - 4000K & 6500K
Frequently Asked Questions
What other options and sizes are available?
Which is better: 6500K or 4000K?
One colour temperature is not really "better" than the other. Generally 6500K is a "whiter" light and is perceived to be slightly brighter. If you want these LED tubes to look the same as the fluro tubes you are replacing, look for '840' or '865' on your existing tubes. '840' is 4000K and '865' is 6500K.