Power Tracker Smart Clamp (100 Amp)
The Power Tracker Smart Clamp measures the energy consumption of any standard single phase circuit or premises drawing up to 100 Amps of power. This device needs to be installed by an electrician at the main switchboard or distribution board.
- Monitor large equipment such as air conditioning, cool rooms, lighting circuits.
- Monitor entire premises or sub-tenancies within an existing property.
This item must be used in conjunction with the Power Tracker Smart Energy Gateway.
Power Tracker - How it works
The Power Tracker system has three main components as pictured below:
- Sensors - smart devices such as this 100 Amp single phase Smart CT Clamp which measure power consumption. These devices send their data back to the Energy Gateway using the Zigbee wireless protocol.
- Gateway - receives consumption data wirelessly from the smart devices and sends this to the server (either via wifi network, 3G modem, or directly plugged into the back of your Internet router).
- Web Portal - where you log-in to view and export the data.
View Your Energy Usage Online - Software Included in Price
The image below shows an example from the Power Tracker online portal. This is where you can view and export your energy consumption data. Access to the portal is included in the cost of the unit – there are no additional software fees.
Once logged in, you can click any of the squares to view historical data. Additional information such as cost predictions and local weather is also shown.
Specifications - Power Tracker Smart Clamp (100 Amp)
|Installation Type||Needs to be hard wired at the board by an electrician (single phase, 2 wire)|
|Power Consumption||Approx 0.5 Watts|
|Rated Voltage||100-240V AC|
1% (for Watt-hours, when in the range of 2.5 to 50 Amps), 2% (for other measurements)
|Measurement Range||0.1W to 30kW|
|Dimensions||100mm x 38mm x 34mm (excluding cords)
Total length including cords = 70cm
CT Clamp size = 15.7mm internal diameter
|Product Identifiers||PowerTracker SG3010-T3, 4719170003525 (Barcode)|
|Further Documentation||Data Sheet - See item SG3010-T3 (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
How many devices can be connected to a gateway?
What is the wireless range of this device?
The wireless range of this device is up to 20 metres. This does not mean that the gateway needs to be within 20 metres, but it does mean that at least one other device needs to be within 20 metres, and so on (so the data can be relayed back to the gateway).
What cable sizes can the CT be used with?
The following table shows which standard cable sizes can be measured by this 100A Smart Clamp (with 15.7mm internal CT diameter).
|Cable XLPE Size||Cable Diameter (mm)|