Power Tracker Smart Appliance Plug (10 Amp)
The Power Tracker Smart Appliance Plug measures the energy consumption of any standard 10 amp plug-in appliance. This device can be self-installed (no electrician required).
- Monitor fridges, freezers, motors, pumps, etc.
- Includes power surge protection.
- Turn devices on and off remotely from the Power Tracker online portal (see below).
This item must be used in conjunction with the Power Tracker Smart Energy Gateway.
Power Tracker - How it works
The Power Tracker system has three main components as pictured below:
- Sensors - smart devices such as this Smart Appliance Plug which measure power consumption. These devices send their data back to the Energy Gateway using the Zigbee wireless protocol.
- Gateway - receives consumption data wirelessly from the smart devices and sends this to the server (either via wifi network, 3G modem, or directly plugged into the back of your Internet router).
- Web Portal - where you log-in to view and export the data.
View Your Energy Usage Online - Software Included in Price
The image below shows an example from the Power Tracker online portal. This is where you can view and export your energy consumption data. Access to the portal is included in the cost of the unit – there are no additional software fees.
Once logged in, you can click any of the squares to view historical data. Additional information such as cost predictions and local weather is also shown.
Specifications - Power Tracker Smart Appliance Plug (10 Amp)
|Plug Type||Standard Australia / New Zealand power plug and socket|
|Power Consumption||Approx 0.5 Watts|
|Rated Voltage||100-240V AC|
0.5% (for Watt-hours, when in the range of 0.5 to 10 Amps), 1% (for other measurements)
|Measurement Range||0.01W to 3,000W|
|Dimensions||100mm x 38mm x 34mm (Excluding cords. Total length including cords = 126cm)|
|Product Identifiers||PowerTracker SG3010-T1, 4719170003532 (Barcode)|
|Further Documentation||Data Sheet - See item SG3010-T1 (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
How many devices can be connected to a gateway?
What is the wireless range of this device?
The wireless range of this device is up to 20 metres. This does not mean that the gateway needs to be within 20 metres, but it does mean that at least one other device needs to be within 20 metres, and so on (so the data can be relayed back to the gateway).