Verbatim T8 LED Tube 18W with Sensor - 4 Foot (1200mm)
* EOFY SALE * Price reduced, ends 30th June! See all items.
Save Up To $88 Per Year Per Fluorescent Tube Replaced
The Verbatim LED Motion Sensor Tube is a new energy-saving replacement for 4 Foot 'T8' fluorescent tubes. See also: 600mm LED Sensor Tube.
It is an ideal lighting solution for areas such as car-parks, corridors and storage areas.
- Full brightness when movement detected dropping to 20% brightness in standby mode (no movement).
- In-built microwave motion sensor - more effective than PIR movement sensors.
- Includes replacement LED starter - so you can install yourself.
- Works in all fitting types, including those with a diffuser!
An Ideal Solution for 'Always On' Lighting
In the past, motion sensor lighting systems were expensive and complex to install. Take car parks for example, how do you place sensors in all areas so people don't accidentally get left in the dark? [Answer: you can't]
This LED sensor tube addresses this issue by including a movement detector in every LED tube. This way lights are only on at full brightness in occupied areas. Also, they are not vulnerable to a single point of failure and are super easy to install.
Furthermore, when no motion is detected, they do not turn off completely. They remain in standby (sensing) mode and still emit 20% of their total light output.
Installation guide - 4 Foot (1200mm) LED Fluro Tube with Sensor
The Verbatim LED Motion Sensor Tube is easy to install in your existing T8 light fixtures. There are two main types of fluorescent light fittings:
1) Magnetic ballast fittings - with starters. These are the most common fitting type. Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! Magnetic ballast fittings are identifiable by the fact they have starters present.
Easy installation for any fitting with a starter.
2) Electronic ballast fittings - no starters. Unlike the example shown above, these fittings do not have a starter. These units will require an electrician to 'wire out' the existing ballast. Fittings without starters that switch on instantly (no flicker) are generally electronic ballast.
Specifications - LED Tube With Microwave Motion Sensor
|Fitting Type||T8 tube / G13 connector|
|Power Consumption||18 Watts (when on at full brightness) and 4.5 Watts (standby mode at 20% brightness)|
|Operating Description||Stays on as long as motion detected. Goes into standby mode (reduced brightness) after 30 seconds of no movement. Sensor range is up to approx 12m|
|Voltage||100-240 V AC 50-60Hz|
|Colour Temperature||5000K (Cool Daylight)|
|Light Output||1,800 lumen|
|Dimensions||1198mm (length, excluding pins) x 29mm (wide)|
|Installation||Self install (includes replacement starter) or consult an electrician.|
|Product Identifiers||This item - 65493 (Item Code); Previously we sold: Osram Ledvance LED STAR+ Motion Sensor Tube ST8S-1.2M 16W, Tiger LED Sensor Tube and Smart Lamp T8 LED PIR tube.|
|Further Documentation||Spec sheet (PDF) Install Guide (PDF)|
How do you calculate the quoted energy savings?
Compared to conventional fluorescent tubes, the Verbatim T8 LED Sensor Tube with microwave motion sensor will save nearly 90% of operational energy usage.
Here is a worked example:
- An old T8 fluorescent tube uses 36W plus 9W in the ballast (45W).
- 45W x 24h = 1080 Wh/day (1.08kWh/day).
- A new sensor LED tube uses 18W when on (eg. 1 hour per day) and 4.5W in standby (23 hours per day).
- 18W x 1h + 4.5W x 23h = 121.5 Wh/day (0.12 kWh/day).
- That's an 89% reduction in energy usage and running costs.
What other motion sensor products do you sell?
See our complete range of motion sensor led lights for more energy-saving ideas.