Verbatim T8 LED Tube 18W with Sensor - 4 Foot (1200mm) - SALE!
An LED Tube That Dims Down When No Motion Detected
The Verbatim LED Motion Sensor Tube is a new energy-saving replacement for 4 Foot 'T8' fluorescent tubes. It's an ideal lighting solution for areas such as underground car parks, back-office areas, corridors and storage rooms.
- Maintains full brightness whenever motion is detected.
- Drops to 20% brightness when no movement has been detected for 60 seconds.
- In-built microwave sensor - more effective than PIR sensors.
- Includes replacement LED starter - so you can install yourself.
- Works in all fitting types, including those with a diffuser!
Need LED tubes without a sensor? See all LED Tubes.
Save up to $88 per year per fluorescent tube replaced.
An Ideal Solution For Lights Left On 24/7
In the past, motion sensor lighting systems were expensive and complex to install. For example, how do you place sensors that cover all areas of a car park, so people don't accidentally get left in the dark? With convention motion sensor systems, it's very tricky.
This LED sensor tube addresses this issue by including a movement detector in every LED tube. This way, lights are only on at full brightness in occupied areas. Also, they are not vulnerable to a single point of failure and are super easy to install.
Furthermore, when no motion is detected, they do not turn off completely. These LED tubes remain in standby (sensing) mode and still emit 20% of their total light output.
Installation guide - 4 Foot (1200mm) LED Fluro Tube with Sensor
The Verbatim LED Motion Sensor Tube is easy to install in your existing T8 light fixtures. There are two main types of fluorescent light fittings:
1) Magnetic ballast fittings - with starters. These are the most common fitting type. Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! Magnetic ballast fittings are identifiable by the fact they have starters present.
Easy installation for any fitting with a starter.
2) Electronic ballast fittings - no starters. Unlike the example shown above, these fittings do not have a starter. These units will require an electrician to 'wire out' the existing ballast. Fittings without starters that switch on instantly (no flicker) are generally electronic ballast.
Specifications - LED Tube With Microwave Motion Sensor
|Fitting Type||T8 tube / G13 connector|
|Power Consumption||18 Watts (when on at full brightness) and 4.5 Watts (standby mode at 20% brightness)|
|Operating Description||Stays on as long as motion is detected. Goes into standby mode (reduced brightness) after 60 seconds of no movement. Sensor range is up to approx 12m|
|Voltage||100-240 V AC 50-60Hz|
|Colour Temperature||5000K (Cool Daylight)|
|Light Output||2,000 lumen|
|Dimensions||1198mm (length, excluding pins) x 29mm (wide)|
|Installation||Self install (includes replacement starter) or consult an electrician.|
|Product Identifiers||This item - 65493 (Item Code); Previously we sold: Osram Ledvance LED STAR+ Motion Sensor Tube ST8S-1.2M 16W, Tiger LED Sensor Tube and Smart Lamp T8 LED PIR tube.|
|Further Documentation||Spec sheet (PDF) Install Guide (PDF)|
Do you sell a shorter length tube with a sensor?
Yes - see also our 600mm LED tube with motion sensor.
Does this LED tube switch off completely when no motion is detected?
No - this LED tube is designed to provide a constant low level of illumination even when no motion is detected. This ensures safe operation in areas like garages, car parks, stairwells, and storage rooms. If you want your lights to turn off completely, please see our stand-alone motion sensors, which act as on/off switches for the light fittings they are wired to.
How do you calculate the quoted energy savings?
Compared to conventional fluorescent tubes, the Verbatim T8 LED Sensor Tube with motion sensor will save nearly 90% of operational energy usage.
Here is a worked example:
- An old T8 fluorescent tube uses 36W plus 9W in the ballast (45W).
- 45W x 24h = 1080 Wh/day (1.08kWh/day).
- A new sensor LED tube uses 18W when on (eg. 1 hour per day) and 4.5W in standby (23 hours per day).
- 18W x 1h + 4.5W x 23h = 121.5 Wh/day (0.12 kWh/day).
- That's an 89% reduction in energy usage and running costs.
What other motion sensor products do you sell?
See our complete range of motion sensor led lights for more energy-saving possibilities.
Works exactly the product claimed.
I manage a ski lodge where lights are often left on through the season and we've recently replaced all the basement lighting with these units. Super easy to install, brighter and better light and the step down to low light works seemlessly.
Bought these to go in ceiling twin tube fittings with a diffuser.
They work fine with the diffuser in place.
the low level light is more than enough to see fine.
The sensor turns up the the light level well before you get near them.
At full retail price I would have never considered them, though at the discount price I would recommend them.
Just have to wait and see how much difference there is in the power bill.
The design fits the purpose. The life span of the LED tube is under monitoring to approve it’s quality as descripted in the specification.
Will purchase from these guys again. The two LED fluorescent replacements are far brighter than the originals. The sensor which dims the lights has a short timer and it would be nice to adjust to a longer period but not possible. Apart from that, well worth it.
Product as described works great
Very bright, nice color light for our carport situation. Easy to install in a standard 4 ft fluoro fitting. The microwave sensor works well, even through a diffuser.