Verbatim T8 LED Tube 18W with Sensor (1200mm) - 40% OFF!
Save up to $88 per year per tube replaced
The Verbatim LED Motion Sensor Tube is a new energy saving replacement for 4 Foot 'T8' fluorescent tubes. See also: 600mm LED Sensor Tube.
It is an ideal lighting solution for areas such as car-parks, corridors and storage areas.
- Full brightness when movement detected dropping to 25% brightness in standby mode (no movement).
- In-built microwave motion sensor - more effective than PIR sensors.
- Includes replacement starter (so you can install yourself).
- Works in all fitting types, including those with a diffuser!
Easy to install in existing fittings
The Verbatim LED Motion Sensor Tube fits into your exiting fluorescent T8 light fixtures.
Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! If your fitting does not have a starter you will need an electrician to wire-out the existing electronic ballast before installing this LED Tube.
Don't get left in the dark!
Most motion sensor systems require an electrician for installation and they can be complicated to successfully mount and install. Take car-parks for example, how do you position the sensors in all areas so people don't accidentally get left in the dark at their car? [answer: you can't]
The Verbatim LED Sensor Tube addresses this issue by distributing the sensor technology to each and every light bulb. This way lights are only on in the areas which are actually occupied.
Furthermore, when not on at full brightness, they do not turn off completely. They remain in standby (sensing) mode and still emit 25% of their total light output.
Massive energy savings await
Compared to conventional fluorescent tubes, the Verbatim T8 LED Sensor Tube with microwave motion sensor will save nearly 90% of operational energy usage.
Here is an example:
- Old T8 Fluorescent tube 36W plus 9W in the ballast (45W). Total = 1.08 kWh/day.
- New Sensor LED tube 18W (eg. 1 hour per day) and 4.5W in standby. Total = 0.12 kWh/day.
- That's an 89% energy saving!
Installation guide - 4 Foot (1200mm) LED Fluoro Tube w/ Sensor
There are two main types of fluorescent light fittings in existing buildings:
1) Magnetic ballast fittings - with starters. These are the most common fitting type. Simply replace the tube and starter (supplied) and you're done! Magnetic ballast fittings are identifiable by the fact they have starters present.
Easy installation for any fitting with a starter.
2) Electronic ballast fittings - no starters. Unlike the example shown above, these fittings do not have a starter. These units will require an electrician to 'wire out' the existing ballast. Fittings without starters that come on instantly are generally electronic ballast.
Specifications - LED Tube with Microwave Motion Sensor
|Fitting Type||T8 tube / G13 connector|
|Power Consumption||18 Watts (when on at full brightness) and 4.5 Watts (standby mode at 25% brightness)|
|Operating Description||- Stays on as long as motion detected, then goes to standby mode after 60 seconds of no movement
- Sensor range is up to approx 12m
|Voltage||100-240 V AC 50-60Hz|
|Colour Temperature||5000K (Cool Daylight)|
|Light Output||1,800 lumen|
|Dimensions||1198mm (length, excluding pins) x 26mm (wide)|
|Weight + Material||325 grams - polycarbonate|
|Installation||Self install (includes replacement starter) or consult an electrician.|
|Product Identifiers||This item - 65493 (Item Code); Previously we sold Tiger LED Sensor Tube barcode 9394523752456, and Smart Lamp T8 LED PIR tube with barcode 9394523752456.|
Spec sheet (PDF)
Install Guide (PDF)