Philips LED Outdoor Solar Wall Light
* ON SALE * Price Reduced, Current Stock Only!
Outdoor Solar Wall Light - No Wiring Needed
The Philips solar wall light runs on a battery that is charged by a solar panel during the day. You can use it to light up around walls, garden paths, and yard fencing without running cables or calling the electrician. It lights up automatically when the sun sets and features:
- Up to 6 hours runtime after a sunny day (or 2-4 hours when cloudy).
- Switches on automatically at sunset.
- Pleasant warm white (2700K) colour temperature.
- Matching light available: Solar Sensor Light.
Philips Solar LED Light - mounts neatly to the wall.
Solar Powered Exterior Lighting
There are plenty of poor quality solar garden lights on the market. Here are a few reasons why the Philips Wall Light is different:
- Powder-coated aluminium body - many others are all plastic.
- Integrated light and solar panel in one unit - no separate PV panel to mount.
- Light where you need it, whether at the front of the house or the back garden fence.
- Strikes a good balance of solar panel size, battery capacity, and LED brightness, giving several hours of light even after overcast days.
- Inviting warm white light and a 2 year warranty.
Philips Solar LED Wall Light - ideal for perimeter and garden lighting.
Flexible Solar Outdoor Light
The Philips Solar Light has a wide range of potential applications when mounted to walls, fences or posts:
- Frontyard, backyard, veranda & balconies.
- Solar lighting along paths or driveways.
- Landscaping, patio, or solar garden lights.
- Outdoor entrance lighting.
- Lighting for strata outdoor common areas (apartment buildings or unit complexes).
It's worth noting that we wouldn't recommend this solar light in all situations. For example, if you have a critical lighting need for all-night safety or security, this solar wall light probably won't cut it. For these applications, we'd recommend you also check our range of mains powered motion sensor lights. See also our tips for preserving battery life in the FAQ section below.
Specifications - Philips LED Solar Wall Light
|Power Consumption||1 Watt (equivalent to an 11W traditional light bulb)|
|Lamp Lifetime||15,000 hour rating|
|Colour Temperature||Warm White 2700K|
|Light Control||Integrated on/off switch|
|Lighting Modes||Manual on/off or automatic on at night|
|Internal rechargeable Lithium-Ion, standard '18650' format battery size|
|Light Duration||6 hours maximum, 2-4 hours runtime on cloudy days|
|Dimensions||13.6cm high x 16.1cm wide x 16.1cm deep|
|Material||Aluminium housing, silicon solar cell, polycarbonate diffuser.|
|Installation||Self Installation - screw or bolt to the wall.|
|Product Identifiers||Philips myGarden Wall Light Dusk Antracite; 915004347601; 8718291489412; 17807/93/16.|
|Further Documentation||Spec Sheet (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the solar wall light installed?
The light comes with a mounting bracket to screw into the wall. Choose your own screws (not supplied) to suit your mounting surface (timber, masonry, etc). Once the mounting bracket is secured, simply slide the light in from the top until it clips into place. The product comes with printed instructions.
Does the solar light need to be installed in full sunlight?
For best performance, we recommend installing the solar wall light where it will capture at least an hour or two of direct sunlight each day.
How can I preserve the solar wall light's battery life?
Left to operate as usual the solar light will come on at sundown and run for a few hours. If the light is easily accessible, you can also use the manual on/off switch to activate it (or turn it off). Doing this can preserve the battery life and/or extend the hours of operation into the night when needed. The battery will still charge per usual even if the light is in the 'off' position.
Can I replace the internal battery?
Yes - the solar wall light has a user-accessible battery tray at the back. The battery itself is a single cell standard format 18650 size protected lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The battery is hardwired to a short lead and connector but is not a proprietary design. We'll stock this in the future if available and required by our customers. Note: this should not be required for a few years.