FLIR E4, E5, E6 or E8 Thermal Imaging Camera + Bonus Items
The FLIR Ex-Series is a feature-packed range of point-and-shoot Thermal Imaging Cameras.
- Easy to use - just like a digital camera, only far more impressive.
- Accurate - measure up to 250˚C, sensitivity down to just 0.06˚C.
- Visual Camera - to easily review your work.
- MSX - unique thermal image enhancement technology.
- WiFi - new wifi enabled range.
Professional Thermal Imaging Cameras
We stock the complete FLIR Ex range and are ready to offer you the right advice on your thermal imaging needs. We also offer:
FLIR Ex Series - Feature Comparison & Pricing
|Model||FLIR E4||FLIR E5||FLIR E6||FLIR E8|
|Prices (ex GST)||$1,395||$1,750||$2,995||$4,495|
|Thermal resolution (pixels)||80 x 60 (4,800)||120 x 90 (10,800)||160 x 120 (19,200)||320 x 240 (76,800)|
|Sensitivity (examples zoomed in)||0.15˚C
|IR Sample (zoomed in)|
|Image modes||Thermal MSX®, thermal only, and visual only|
|Picture-in-picture||No||Yes, thermal within visual
|Measurement modes||Centre Spot||Centre Spot, Area Min/Max||Centre Spot, Area Min/Max & Isotherm Above/Below|
|Wi-Fi||Wireless Connectivity to Smartphones, Tablets and more|
|MSX||320 x 240 pixels|
|Field of View (FOV)||45˚ x 34˚ - focus free|
|Screen||3 inch 320 x 240 colour LCD|
|Range||-20˚C to 250˚C|
|Accuracy||±2% or 2°C|
|Storage||Internal memory stores at least 500 image sets (IR, visual and MSX)|
|Warranty||10 Year Detector / 5 Year Battery / 2 Years Parts & Labour|
|Specs||Download the complete Spec Sheet (1.4MB), or User Manual (4.6MB).|
|Software||Free/Basic FLIR Tools for PC or Mac (Zip files - click for direct download) OR Advanced FLIR Tools+|
Crystal Clear Thermal Images
In the age of mega-pixel digital cameras, the resolution of thermal imaging cameras can seem rather low. Thermal cameras are renowned for producing rather 'grainy' images like that on the left below.
Thankfully, the FLIR Ex Series incorporates FLIR's Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging or 'MSX' technology which effectively merges a higher-resolution regular image with the thermal image. The result is a much clearer thermal image than competing products with the same specifications.
Sample Thermal Camera Images
The main difference between the FLIR E4, FLIR E5, FLIR E6 and FLIR E8 cameras is their thermal resolution. The images below give you some idea of what you can achieve with the different thermal imaging cameras.
FLIR E4 sample image of an electrical motor. We recommend the FLIR E4 for relatively close range work where the temperature differences are quite obvious.
FLIR E5 sample image of electrical fuses. We often recommend the FLIR E5 for electricians. In fact, we hire out the FLIR E5 if you'd like to 'try before you buy'.
FLIR E6 sample image of a window frame and building cladding. If you can afford it, the FLIR E6 is a great all-round thermal camera. We'd recommend it for more detailed building inspection and rectification work.
FLIR E8 sample image of an electrical transformer. We recommend the FLIR E8 where you require a more detailed result, or if you simply want to make sure you have the best-in-range.
Please note: these sample images are annotated with ˚F but don't worry: the models we sell all default to ˚C.
Everything You Need Is Included
Each FLIR Ex-Series camera ships with the following additional items:
- Sturdy carry case.
- Power supply/charger with three power plugs (AU, UK, EU).
- Rechargeable lithium battery.
- Printed documentation including calibration certificate.
- USB data / charging cable.
Easily Generate Professional Reports
You can either:
- Download the images just like you would on a normal digital camera and create your own reports, or
- Use the FLIR Tools software's inbuilt PDF report template to generate basic reports. This free version can be downloaded here: FLIR Tools for PC or Mac (Zip files, click for direct download).
- View an example report by clicking the image on the right. For advanced report options choose FLIR Tools Plus.