Efergy Remote Controlled Power Socket Set (4 Pack)
The Efergy Remote Controlled Socket Set allows you to wirelessly control your appliances from a convenient remote control unit.
- Control - Switch individual appliances on or off or switch a group together.
- Wireless - Each remote can switch up to four power points even in hard to reach locations.
- Save - Easily switch any appliances off when not in use to reduce standby power consumption.
How the Efergy Remote Controlled Electrical Sockets Work
The kit comes with 4 remote controlled sockets and is easy to set up. By allowing you to turn appliances off with the touch of a button, it helps you save electricity, time, and money. Keep the remote control in a convenient place, or stick it to the wall next to a light switch, so you will remember to use it and maximise your energy savings.
Here are a few example applications:
- Keep your TV and entertainment centre completely switched off when not in use.
- Switch off your internet modem & WiFi router as you leave the house.
- Turn off the office water cooler at nights and over the weekend.
- Control bedside lamps or any device with a hard-to-reach power socket.
- Switch off plug-in office ceiling lights without the need to re-wire anything.
Remote Controlled Power Sockets - Specifications
|Plug Type||Standard 10A Australia / New Zealand 3-pin plug & socket|
|Socket Dimensions||100mm x 56mm x 40mm (height x width x depth)|
240 V AC (50 Hz)
|Power Range||0 - 2,400W|
|Operating Power||1W standby load|
|Remote Range||Approx. 20m|
RCS-4-AUS, RC-19AU, Efegry Remote Controlled Socket,
|Further Documentation||Product Manual (PDF)|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install the Remote Controlled Socket?
Installation is easy:
- Insert the batteries provided into the remote control.
- Plug one of the sockets into a mains outlet, the LED light will flash red.
- Select and press one of the ON switches from A,B,C, and D on the remote control.
- The LED will then stop flashing. The socket is now paired to this ON switch on the remote.
- You can now remotely control the socket and any appliance connected to it.
- Repeat this process for the other sockets selecting a different ON button on the remote for each different socket.
How many sockets can I control with the remote?
Four. Note you can connect multiple appliances to a single controlled socket via a power board, or purchase multiple RCS packs if you wish to independently switch more than four appliances.
How many sockets can I fit on a common wall outlet?
One. The RCS is slightly too wide for two units to fit side-by-side on many common Australian & NZ dual wall outlets. However, you can fit one with room to continue using the second socket as pictured below. You can also plug in the RCS units to an external multi-socket power board.