Aquamonitor GreenStar Wireless Water Meter Monitor
The Aquamonitor GreenStar wireless water monitor displays your water usage in real time inside your home or business.
- Alerts and indicators give full control of water consumption.
- Helps prevent wastage from leaks and unintended water use.
- Works with the vast majority of water meters found in Australia (see full compatibility list below).
The Aquamonitor GreenStar monitor includes 1 x Display Screen and 1 x Mains Sensor of your choosing (see drop down menu above). You can also add up to two additional sensors:
- Add an Energy Sensor to track both energy and water usage from the one device.
- Add an extra Water Meter Sensor to track additonal meters from the same display.
How does the Aquamonitor work?
The indoor display screen shows real time water consumption from your water meter. It provides visual and sound alerts if there is a potential problem such as a leak. One display can connect to 3 Mains Sensor if required. You can monitor:
- Total household consumption from all water sources.
- Daily, weekly, and quarterly consumption figures and costs.
Mains Water Meter Sensor
Mains water usage is monitored by attaching a Mains Sensor to an existing water meter. The sensor is powered by a single 3.6V AA battery (supplied) and sends flow information to the Display Screen every minute using a wireless connection.
It is designed for self-installation and does not need any plumbing changes for compatible meters. The sensor does not contact the water. It makes use of the ‘pulse output’ facility that is built-in to most water meters. The type of pulse output depends on the type of water meter and so the Aquamonitor Mains Sensor is available in a range of models to suit different types of meters (see below).
Select Your Model - Compatible Water Meters
Choose the 'Type' from the drop down menu at the top of this page.
Water meter models include: Elster, or Kent / ABB V100 and V200, as well as RMC Bullet.
There are various sizes and shapes of these meters. Compatibility is ensured by checking that there is a small black oval shaped plug on the meter shoulder.
Water meter models include: RMC Dial Face / Endurance.
If the meter has a recess on the face (as shown) then the meter is compatible.
Water meter makes include: Actaris and Itron.
Commonly used for domestic applications. Areas of usage include Brisbane and Perth / Western Australia.
Water meter makes include: ABB, Kent, Elster Honeywell, and others.
Models include: V300, H4000, or any meter compatible with a PG100 or T140 sensor.
These are most common in commercial or bulk water supply applications.
For water meters already fitted with a sensor or 'reed switch'.
Use the 'Flying Lead' option in conjunction with any water meter already fitted with a two-wire pulse output, or where you wish to source your own reed switch / sensor. Pulse frequency limited to approximately 1Hz.
Meters which are known to be non-compatible are the Davies Shephard meters labelled with DS or Modulmeter D.
- 70MHz low power ARM CPU
- Compact size 137mm (W) 85mm (H) 41mm (D) (excluding bracket).
- Graphic LCD for display of mixed font sizes, bar graphs and icons.
- USB 2.0 Port for easy download of stored consumption data.
- Internal data logging up to 1 year of hourly data from up to 3 sensors.
- Visual and optional sound alert.
- LED backlight with auto power save and night mode operation.
- Illuminated buttons with soft-key functions for ease of use.
- Status bar display of sensor connection, battery status and date/time.
- Status screen shows alarms, battery and wireless status of all connected sensors.
- Auto screen configuration depending on connected sensors.
- Integrated digital wireless radio with automatic clear channel selection and sensor pairing. This allows sensors to be added or removed whilst maintaining data security.
- Digital wireless operation with unique serial number provides data security and validation.
- Status LED for indication of power-up and RF transmission for easy checking of operation.
- Single 3.6V AA Lithium battery for long life operation (supplied with unit)
- Internal battery monitoring allows battery status display at the Display Unit.
- Compact size 85mm (W) 83mm (H) 26mm (D) (excluding bracket).
- Sealed enclosure with pipe and surface mount brackets for quick and easy fitting.
- Cable length between sensor and transmitter is approximately 90cm. This allows the sensor to be placed in meter pit, with transmitter above ground.
Documentation & Support
Click the link to download:
- Aquamonitor Brochure (1.34MB PDF)
- Aquamonitor GreenStar M290 User Guide (1.01MB PDF)
- Aquamonitor Software V1.4 for PC (7.28MB compressed Zip file)
Can it be used with US water meters in cubic feet (eg. 0.1 cu ft / pulse)?
Yes. You change the units with the PC software in the configure sensors section (see here). In the top right hand corner select the Unit Type drop down. When you click on the numbers in the Pulse Volume it brings up the window below where you can enter 0.1.
Please Note: If your water meter does not accommodate one of the standard water meter sensors listed above you will need to order the "flying lead" model and source your own sensor / reed switch.