Course Topic 5 - Water
Video 1 - The Story of Water
Video 2 - Measuring & Monitoring
Video 3 - Some Leaky Facts & Figures
Video 4 - Water Use in the Home
Video 5 - Water Efficiency
Video 6 - Greywater
Followup Activities (Required)
- Complete the water quiz
- Take the following measurements of your shower: the flow rate in litres per minute, and the quantity of ‘dead leg’ water (cold water flow before the hot water comes through).
- Using the results of your measurements above, answer these questions: How much water could you save by reducing shower time by 2 minutes per shower? How much ‘dead leg’ water could be collected per week from just one shower per day?
Further links and resources (Optional):
Here are some videos related to the content covered above.
- Off-grid urban home in Sydney reuses own sewage - Michael Mobbs (7 min)
- Stormwater re-use case study - King's School, Sydney (3 min)
- 'Create an Oasis with Greywater' by Art Ludwig (NB: A US publication, always check with local council first for any guidelines/regulations, etc)
- You can also read up in more detail about laundry detergent testing and other water quality testing on the Lanfax Laboratories website.
- NSW Health document (PDF) on greywater reuse policy for households.