Question: "I need a monitor to record how much power a hard wired central air conditioner is using. It's not a plug in type. Can you supply a sensor to monitor fixed items."

Answer: We have a few options for you to choose from.

(1) Install a sub-meter directly into your switchboard where your air conditioner is wired. We have three sizes/amps available: 45A, 80A, 100A (3 Phase)

Sub-meters offer good accuracy. They must be installed by an electrician. They can be further monitored using a wireless energy monitor to relay the data to an App on your phone/device.

(2) Install a wireless energy monitor.

See also our blog post on How To Check & Measure Your Electricity Usage.

Subscribe to Our Free Email Newsletter

Get exclusive access to new products, energy efficiency advice, and special offers. We only send one email every few weeks, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Click Here to Subscribe

Interested in Solar Panels or Batteries?

Visit our friends at for up to three obligation-free quotes from pre-vetted suppliers.