Using the Efergy Engage Online Energy Monitor Dashboard
UPDATE: We no longer sell the Efergy Engage Hub, but the following guide still applies for past customers.
The Engage Dashboard displays the readings of the Efergy Engage wireless energy monitor. When you first log in, information about your system is presented in several sections. This article explains the function of each section (called 'widgets') of the main Dashboard screen, which looks like this:
Real Time Usage
This section displays live power readings in kilowatts (kW) from each transmitter connected to the Engage System. Click on the name of each to display it. In this example, 3 transmitters labelled PV, AC and Heat Pump are shown with PV power being displayed.
The colour surrounding the power reading gives an indication of power:
- blue - low (less than 500W)
- orange - medium (between 500W and 1kW)
- red - high (above 1kW)
The indicator spinning around will also speed up as power usage increases. Together the colour and spinning indicator give quick visual feedback on power levels being monitored.
Tip: If you want to change how your transmitters are labelled, head to 'Settings' -> 'My Equipment' then change the name & click 'Update Device'.
Here you can track energy use in dollar terms against a budget you nominate.
- Click the widget's 'Settings' button and select your currency.
- Add your electricity rate in cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh).
- Set a budget in dollars.
- Click 'Update' then head back to the main Dashboard page.
This will be your target expenditure on a monthly basis. The electricity rate is a single tariff, check your electricity bill for the rate you pay.
Once setup, the widget will display expenditure so far, the target you've set & an estimated spend based on your energy usage trend. This estimate updates daily to reflect changing usage patterns.
Tip: Your bill may have multiple tariffs based on time of use or daily surcharges. If so, you can still enter an average figure so the Budget Widget can provide an estimate. Take an electricity bill and divide the total bill's dollar figure by the energy (in kWh) used in that period.
Cost So Far
Three circles are presented in 'Cost So Far' and clicking on any of them will bring them to the front. They are:
- Today - Estimated cost of electricity used today on a rolling 24hr period.
- This Month - Estimated cost of electricity used this month.
- Since - Estimated cost of electricity used since a nominated date. To set this, click the small 'i' in the lower right-hand corner of the widget.
Tip: The dollar values displayed are directly proportional to the energy you use. If you're more interested in monitoring energy than cost, you can enter a tariff rate of 100 cents per kWh. Then the displayed figures will directly equate to your energy usage. Eg if if the 'Today' section shows $4.5, it means you've used 4.5 kWh so far today.
Daily energy usage is graphed here, with power (kW) along the vertical axis and time along the horizontal axis (bottom of the graph). Each transmitter will show up as a seperate line on the graph. To navigate:
- Show or hide a line on the graph by clicking the corresponding transmitter label along the bottom.
- Click the forward or back arrows around the date to change the displayed date.
- Hover over the graph to show the power readings at specific times for each transmitter.
Tip: You can 'zoom in' on the graph by selecting an area of interest. Click and drag over the area then let go. You can continue zooming in till just a few minutes of energy use are displayed if needed. To zoom back out, click 'Reset Zoom' in the top right-hand corner of the graph.