NEW! See our Eco Friendly Christmas Gift Ideas.
Ultimate Plug-in 24 Hour Mains Timer Switch
This 24 hour mechanical mains timer switch allows for quick and easy automation of electrical appliances.
Use A Timer Switch to Save Energy
Here are some applications where you can use this 24 hour mains timer switch to save energy:
- Switch off your modem/router and other computer peripherals overnight.
- Switch off office equipment like printers, copiers and coffee machines so they're only on when needed.
- Place office water coolers or household drinks fridges on a timer switch to reduce their operating time.
- Place a heated towel rail on a 24 hour timer to only operate for a few hours per day (rather than 24/7).
- Use it on other appliances such as heaters, aquariums and exhaust fans.
You can also use this mains timer switch for a range of other indoor automation or security purposes. For example, you can switch an LED light bulb on and off at certain times of the day to make your home look occupied.
24 Hour Mains Timer Switch - Specifications
|Power Consumption||Approx 1W|
|Voltage||220 - 240V AC|
|Max Current||10 Amps|
|Max Power||2,400 Watts|
|Dimensions||120mm x 76mm x 50mm|
|Installation||Self-install, indoor only|
|Switching Period||15 mins|
|Product Identifiers||USPAD-24, UET24, 9314700276223 (barcode)|
|Further Details||Always-on override switch, plus red LED indicator light goes on whenever the timer is in "on" mode.|
How to Use the Timer Switch
- Select mode - Either 'always on' (override) or 'timer' mode using the toggle switch on the side of the timer. The override setting allows you to operate the device manually without disconnecting the timer.
- Plug the timer in - Find the outlet you want the device to work on and plug the timer into the outlet. Then plug your appliance into the socket on the timer.
- Set the time - Rotate the dial clockwise until it matches the current time with the black arrow on the front face of the timer.
- Select the on and off times - Press the pins in for the time periods that you want the device to be on, and leave them up for off.
- Test - You can test your timer by turning the dial manually to the on position. If the device turns on, then your timer works. When you're done testing, reset the timer to the current time.
Other Ways to Save Energy
We also sell a range of other products to reduce standby power and automate the operation of appliances, these include: