NEW! See our Eco Friendly Christmas Gift Ideas.
Philips Master LED MR16 (GU5.3) 5.5W
Top-quality, economical LED downlight bulb
The Philips Master LED MR16 5.5W is an economical replacement for 50 watt halogen downlights. It incorporates the most popular features of an LED downlight replacement into one model:
- Works with your existing transformers
- Now available in Warm White (3000K) or Neutral White (4000K) colour temperatures
- Regular / wide beam angle (60˚)
- White recessed finished
The specifications for this product say it is non-dimmable, however, we have had a few customers report that it worked fine on their dimmers. So if you don't want to go to the added expense of this dimmable option then we recommend you give this bulb a go.
Choosing between the 5.5W and 7W Master LED MR16
You may have noticed that the product on this page is substantially cheaper than the 7W MR16 LED offering from Philips. Apart from the obvious difference (that it uses 1.5W less power and is cheaper), the 5.5W model has the following differences:
- It is constructed with a white finish and sits fully recessed into your existing light fitting. This is great for many customers who do not like the black colour finish or 'protrusion' of the 7W model.
- It is about the same brightness, despite the lower power consumption.
- It only comes in the most popular colour temperatures and beam angle (60˚), whereas the 7W model has 6 different options.
In summary - you should choose this 5.5W model if you want a high quality solution with lower upfront cost. Or if you simply don't like the look of the 7W model.
Choose the 7W model if you are willing to invest a little more upfront (for the slightly longer lamp lifetime), or if you have a special requirement (dimmable, different colour temperature or beam angle).
Specifications - Philips MR16 LED
|Fitting Type||GU5.3, MR16|
|Power Consumption||5.5 Watts (equivalent to 35/50W halogen)|
|Colour Temperature||3000K (warm white) or 4000K (neutral white)|
|Light Output||425 Lumens|
|Dimensions||See diagram in photos. C:49mm D:50mm|
|Installation||Retrofit, self install.|
|Product Identifiers||Master LED 5.5W 3000K or 4000K MR16 60D AU; 12NC 929001146519, 929001147119; Barcodes 8718696476338, 8718696476314|
|Further Documentation||Philips Master LED Specs Sheet Note: this spec sheet shows a black colour bulb - the bulb is actually white in colour but all other specs are the same.|