NEW! See our Eco Friendly Christmas Gift Ideas.
Efergy Ego Smart Power Socket & App
The Efergy Ego allows you to monitor and control your appliances from your smart phone or tablet from anywhere you have an internet connection!
- Control - Switch an appliance or group of appliances on and off.
- Monitor - Real-time or historical power consumption monitoring.
- Save - Schedule timers to automatically switch appliances on and off. Use the 'standby elimination' setting to automatically switch appliances off when in standby mode.
The web app is FREE and works on any Android or Apple device.
All you need to decide is how many sockets you need! See our drop down menu above for quantity discounts.
How the Efergy Ego Works
The software App (which you can download for free above) acts as a direct portal to your Efergy Ego Sockets.
Whatever changes you make on the App are immediately applied to the socket in question.
This means you can 'set and forget.' In other words, the App, your phone or the wireless network do not need to be on for the Socket to keep functioning. All the settings are stored on the Socket until you next access and change them via the App.
Efergy Ego - Technical Specifications
- Socket Type: Regular 10A Power Plug
- Working Voltage: 150V - 276V
- Weight: 198g
- Dimensions: 120 x 44 x 71mm
- Power Range: 0.2 - 2400W
- Electricity Tariff: $0.00 - $99.99/kWh
- Frequency Range: 50-60Hz
Screen Shots From the App
Here are some example screen shots:
See also - Efergy Ego Wireless Power Meter Review.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install the ego smart socket?
Installation is easy:
- Download the Efergy Ego app (see links above).
- Connect your phone or tablet to your Wi-Fi network.
- Plug the ego smart socket into a power outlet. The Wi-Fi LED on the socket should flash quickly. If it doesn't, press the button on the ego smart socket until the LED starts to flash quickly.
- Choose "Add Appliance" on the app. The Wi-Fi network is automatically identified. Input the Wi-Fi network password and press Connect.
- After you've connected, you’ll find the Wi-Fi LED on the ego smart socket is off and there is a new socket in the device list on the app.
How accurate is the ego?
How often do the readings and charts update?
- Instant power updates every 5 seconds.
- The accumulated power updates every 5 minutes.
- The energy consumption graph updates every 30 minutes.
How many sockets can I control with the app?
100. Note that processing speed may be affected the more devices you connect.
How does the standby feature work?
Once the ego learns the standby power of an appliance it will then recognise the appliance is "on" only when it’s power reading is above 1.5 times that of it’s learned standby reading.
How much data does it store?
The socket stores the last 24 hours average power (in periods of 30 minutes) and the last 12 month’s daily kWh history.
Can I access the data other than through the app?
Not at the moment but Efergy is looking into opening up the API for other developers in the future.