Uterne Solar Farm, Alice Springs - Specs and Photos
An impressively large solar farm opened in Alice Springs last Thursday. It can power just under 300 (energy inefficient) homes per year.
As you can see from the photos below, it doesn't actually take up all that much room (considering all the space we have in Australia).
Compared to the massive solar farms in Europe this one is still quite small at 1 megawatt peak. But, a great step in the right direction.
Photos from Uterne Solar Farm, Alice Springs
Uterne Solar Farm Facts and Figures
- Cost of project: AU$6.6 million
- System rating: 969kWp
- Panel Rating: SunPower 318Wp
- Number of Solar Panels: 3,048
- Sun Tracking System: SunPower T20
- Number of Trackers: 254
- Inverters: Satcon PowerGate Plus 500kW
- Number of invertes: 2
- Size of site: Approximately 47,750 m2
- Annual output from solar panels: 2300MWh
- Equivalent to: 288 average Alice Springs homes a year
- CO2 Saved per annum: 1,564 tons
Source for data and photos is Alice Solar City.
- Ryan McCarthy